So, Mr. Elias Held Firm.

AceKing

Looks at first glance like he did not want to undersell or give in at the end of his first trade deadline in control.

I am sure he learned a lot and he did not get fleeced lol.

Still plenty of work to do and ways to add talent.

Looks like, for the most part, these will continue to be, your 2019 Baltimore Orioles.

• Thanks 1

I'm slightly disappointed that the O's appear to have not made a move, but in truth Michael Givens and Jonathan Villar aren't very good ballplayers.  We could have traded them but likely wouldn't have gotten much back.  Trey Mancini is a good ballplayer, but if nobody wanted to give up a real prospect for him, I'm fine with holding on to him.  

The O's do need to make room for DJ Stewart and Ryan Mountcastle, and trading Mancini would have helped in that regard, but the O's have other options, such as cutting Chris Davis and optioning Dwight Smith once he returns from the IL.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, AceKing said:

Looks at first glance like he did not want to undersell or give in at the end of his first trade deadline in control.

I am sure he learned a lot and he did not get fleeced lol.

Still plenty of work to do and ways to add talent.

Looks like, for the most part, these will continue to be, your 2019 Baltimore Orioles.

I suspect some of the teams he was talking with or hoping to trade with were working up to the deadline (or close to it) on deals for bigger fish -- deals that did not happen.

• Upvote 1

This isn't the end of the world.  No rush to trade any of these guys right now.  Still can get a deal done in the offseason without losing a whole lot of trade value for any of them.  Villar now becomes a one-year rental, but it looks like not many people were interested in him this deadline anyway.  Maybe an important middle infielder gets injured sometime in the next year and a desperate contender gives us a useful nugget or two for him.  

6 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Yeah he was awful for us but I felt it was inevitable he'd be back with the team, with the state of the rotation and his run of success at AAA

I don't think he's got a major league contract so if the Phillies wanted him to split time with us every other start I'm sure we could work out something. Like visitation rights.