Nashville Orioles???

Tony-OH

12 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Well there is the Friday night concert series featuring women country music artists. Nashville is the country music capital....oh noes!

If they move the team to Nashville, the Angelo's brothers would probably do Friday night reggae concerts.

You have to know your audience.

10 hours ago, survivedc said:

While it’s true that the population as a whole has been declining, the millennial population as well as the concentration of that population in waterfront neighborhoods (Federal Hill, Canton, Fells Pt) has continued to climb. 

I think it’s reasonable to expect that in the next decade this will have a spillover effect outside of these 3 neighborhoods, and the population as a whole will hopefully turn around.

Is it the population within the city limits that really matters or the population of the metro area.  We keep having to build new schools here in Howard County.

All this discussion of the population within the city limits seems pointless to this discussion to me.

The Baltimore Colts incident was 3 years before I was born. Till this day, I can still hear the salt in the voices of those old Colt fans. I can't imagine my salt level if the Orioles were to leave Baltimore. I would probably be done with baseball altogether. Probably throw hands with Manfred because he's a part of the reason with this MASN hostage situation.

• Upvote 1

Nashville is on my top 5 list for cities to retire to , so from a purely selfish perspective it would be a good thing.

I hope it never happens.

I thought Millennials didn't like baseball, the problem is baseball is dying as a spectator sport, and Baltimore is barely gasping as a liveable city.

People keep bringing up the state of the city and how dangerous and unsafe it is, and while this city deserves it's fair share of criticism and ridicule, it's beyond overkill.  Sporting franchises, including baseball, live and some have thrived in cities that are just as troubled as Baltimore.  Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, several others have built new stadiums and arenas, most in downtown areas, and they've had their own host of problems past and present.  If you want to pile on Baltimore City you're entitled to do so, but lets stop with the argument that because the city is so unsafe it means the Orioles could potentially move.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

People keep bringing up the state of the city and how dangerous and unsafe it is, and while this city deserves it's fair share of criticism and ridicule, it's beyond overkill. Sporting franchises, including baseball, live and some have thrived in cities that are just as troubled as Baltimore. Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, and several others have built new stadiums and arenas, most of which are in downtown areas, and they've had their own host of problems past and present. If you want to pile on Baltimore City, you're entitled to do so, but let's stop with the argument that because the city is so unsafe that it necessarily means that the Orioles could potentially move.  

o

I got back from a night game in the South Bronx last night, which has perennially been one of the most dangerous areas of New York City for many decades.

I am usually fine/unharassed when I walk back to my car when the game is over, but I always use the eyes in the back of my head on said walk, eyes that I never have to use when I am home in Brewster.

o

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I got back from a night game in the South Bronx last night, which has perennially been one of the most dangerous areas of New York City for many decades.

I am usually fine/unharassed when I walk back to my car when the game is over, but I always use the eyes in the back of my head on said walk, eyes that I never have to use when I am home in Brewster.

o

My sister in law lives in Gilroy CA. The Garlic Festival is the height of their excitement level. My nephew is a paramedic there.  It was a fun sleepy place to visit.  Danger is relative. 

12 hours ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Take it for what its worth since I guess the toothpaste is out of the tube now. I’ve kept to myself because I was asked to, I have a friend who is connected and told me last year that John wanted to move the team to Nashville and had mentioned that multiple times to some close friends. 

Just wanted to substantiate that rumor, because I heard it independently, and although through hearsay, it was hearsay based on what John had said.  Again take it for what its worth and believe me if you want.

So you had not heard that John wishes to sell the Orioles?  There is another shoe to drop and lots will happen when it does. 

The more I read about this rumor (legitimate or not) the more I'm warming to the idea of being done with every member of the Angelos family forever. As long as we get a replacement team and get to keep the team name / colors I think I'd be perfectly fine with it. If it happens fingers crossed that we get the Rays. 

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

The more I read about this rumor (legitimate or not) the more I'm warming to the idea of being done with every member of the Angelos family forever. As long as we get a replacement team and get to keep the team name / colors I think I'd be perfectly fine with it. If it happens fingers crossed that we get the Rays. 

Yea, Stuart Sternberg seems like a real sweetheart of an owner.

• Upvote 1