Nashville Orioles???

Tony-OH

3 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Maybe they'll just bring the Nashville to Baltimore. 

1) Rename the stadium The Grand 'Ol OPACY. 

2) Change the team name to the Baltimore "Buckaroos"

3) Replace the ball caps with cowboy hats. 

4) Have relievers ride horses into the game (instead of bullpen carts).

5) Play "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" every inning.

6) Add a Dolly Parton statue to the statue garden. 

How would they keep the Dolly statue from toppling over forward?

and yet Nashville has one the the most successful hockey franchises. Those fans are completely off the charts regarding their love of the Preds. Baseball would do extremely well in that area.

Charlotte, Nashville, Portland, San Antonio, Las Vegas are way more viable than some of the franchises currently in MLB.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Been gone for 2 months, and I see things in OH doesn't change, we still complain about crime and the city.

Regardless of what is happening around the rest of the US of A. :)

Yeah, probably better to just turn a blind eye to major problems like that. 

When my wife complains about the yard I tell her our neighbors are worse. That ALWAYS works.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

There probably is some small grain of truth to the rumors, but they are still rumors.

Well, the lease is up in 2021. So, that grain of truth will lead to speculation until it’s settled. Not that unusual to read a story like this with that as a backdrop.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Well, the lease is up in 2021. So, that grain of truth will lead to speculation until it’s settled. Not that unusual to read a story like this with that as a backdrop.

We went through this when EBW brought the Orioles, and everybody felt they were moving away, then. At least talk radio was all ablaze with the talks.

My take on this is that writers say things to get clicks and views. Years ago it was circulation. The internet had made the sensationalism much worse. Second, I seriously doubt the Angelos brothers, who were raised in Baltimore. would consider moving the Orioles. They talk about social conscience, etc. Moving the O's would fly right in the face of that.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, weams said:

Without a lease? No. I've been a poster who has warned about 2021 for a long while. I was a Portland speculator myself. But I'd go see them in Nashville. Or Asheville. 

I've seen you mention Asheville before.  I think perhaps you mean to say Charlotte.  Asheville is the 12th largest city … in North Carolina.  Population 89,000.  For reference, Erie, Pa. is 101,000 and Richmond, Va. is 223,000.  There are no other population centers in the Asheville area, either.  Certainly not a media center.  It is a nice place for tourism, with the Smokie Mountains and quite a few breweries, but there is no chance Asheville would ever be considered for a MLB team.

• Upvote 1