Hunter Harvey called up

wildcard

2 hours ago, murph said:

Agreed.   Looking forward to seeing how he does against major league hitters. If he does well out of the bullpen the rest of this year I wonder if they will give him a chance to stretch back out again next year to potentially be a starter.    One can dream....

I think his SP chances have sailed. He's a RP with Closer potential moving forward. With as many injuries as he's had my thought was anything we get out of him now is gravy...

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, terphoopsfan said:

I think that his SP chances have sailed. He's a RP with Closer potential moving forward. With as many injuries as he's had my thought was anything we get out of him now is gravy ........

o

TONY-OH agrees ........

o

On 8/8/2019 at 12:58 PM, OFFNY said:

o

THURSDAY, AUGUST 8th

VINNY & HAYNIE:)l Would you say that it's highly likely that Dillon Tate and Hunter Harvey will be strictly bullpen pitchers from here on out ??????

TONY PENTE:)l Yes, that would be the the quickest way for them to arrive at (and remain at) the Major League level. When you don't have secondaries and you want a quick hike/promotion, this (the bullpen) is the best way. Guys like D.L. Hall and Grayson Rodriguez will be starters no matter what level l they are pitching at, but yeah, you will probably will be seeing Tate and Harvey strictly in relief roles in the foreseen future. 

o

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Gives me a reason to tune in on a sat night. Congratulations to Harvey. Hopefully he looks electric. 

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

And gets in the game.

If he's electric just sitting on the bench it isn't very exciting.

o

Mildly reminiscent of September of 2012, when the Orioles called up Dylan Bundy to pitch a total of 1.67 innings.

That wound up putting the Orioles in a predicament 3 and-a-half years later in April of 2016, when they needed to add him to the 25-man roster at the start of the season to protect him from being claimed through waivers because he was out of Minor League options.

o

Good move, he needs to be evaluated at the MLB level.  Tate as well.  In fact, I feel like Kline, Tanner Scott, and Phillips need to be called up now and evaluated on the MLB team the rest of the year. 

I'm done with Brooks, Eshelman, Bleier, and Tayler Scott as far as 40 man evaluation goes .  They need to be DFA'd.  I believe all would make it through waivers any way. Especially since Yac did. 

Blach ain't off to a great start, but I guess he should be given a fair shake. I'm done with Hess, but others on the board think he can still make it as a reliever; so I'd have him stay in AAA and work on his new trade until Sept call ups. In September, bring Shepperd, Eades, Akin, Zimmerman, and maybe a couple AA pitchers that you are confident will be added to the 40 man next season.

7 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Mildly reminiscent of September of 2012, when the Orioles called up Dylan Bundy to pitch a total of 1.67 innings.

That wound up putting the Orioles in a predicament 3 and-a-half years later in April of 2016, when they needed to add him to the 25-man roster at the start of the season to protect him from being claimed through waivers because he was out of Minor League options.

o

Bundy signed a MLB contract which meant his three options were used in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Bundy had a fourth option in 2015 because of his injury status. His pitching in the Majors in 2012 had no bearing on his option status in 2016.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

No it didn't.  The ML contract he signed when drafted caused the issue.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Bundy signed a MLB contract which meant his three options were used in 2012, 2013 and 2014. His pitching in the Majors in 2012 had no bearing on his option status.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

No it didnt. The ML.contract he signed when drafted caused the issue.

o

OK, thanks.

o