Hunter Harvey called up

wildcard

30 minutes ago, Rojo13 said:

What was Harvey hitting on the radar gun in the Minors ??? He was consistently 98 to 100 tonight !!! I thought that I heard Palmer say he was like 94-MPH.

Got me excited for the future.

o

I was at the Harvey vs. Harvey game in August of 2017 in Coney Island, when they were both rehabbing in the Advanced Rookie Leagues.

He was hitting the high 90's then, for the first 3 innings to start the game.

o

On 8/17/2017 at 12:28 AM, OFFNY said:

o

9 OUTS: ) 7 Strikeouts, 1 Groundout, 1 Popout

HUNTER LUKE HARVEY )))))) (vs. Advanced-Rookie League Brooklyn, 8/16)

IP:llll 3

H:lllll 1 )) (1 Single)

R:lllll 0

BB:lll0

SO:lll7

Pitches: )l (Unavailable)

2017 ERA: )l 0.00 )l(Advanced-Rookie League Aberdeen)

2017 WHIP: )l 0.800 )l(Advanced-Rookie League Aberdeen) )  5.00 IP  (4 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .063 )l(Advanced-Rookie League Aberdeen) )  (1 for 16)

PITCHES BY INNING

(Unavailable)

o

That definitely wasn’t his best, just a exhibition of his premium arm strength. He was pulling the fastball across his body, the split change was a bit firm and didn’t drop, and he only threw one curveball and it wasn’t in a competitive location.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

That was one nice cup of coffee! Off speed pitches were not super sharp but he commanded the FB to get ahead. Hitting spots at 99-100. Really looked effortless with the FB. LOL, so much for the "Hunter Harvey is done" school of thought.

I’ve been fighting that narrative.

I’m happy Hunter finally got his chance, and performed well.   I’m hoping he goes on to have a great career.    But I won’t get too amped up about one relief appearance where he’s throwing gas and hitters aren’t catching up to it.   Anyone remember Mike Wright’s second appearance this year?

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m happy Hunter finally got his chance, and performed well.   I’m hoping he goes on to have a great career.    But I won’t get too amped up about one relief appearance where he’s throwing gas and hitters aren’t catching up to it.   Anyone remember Mike Wright’s second appearance this year?

The site of "BUTS". It would be nice to just enjoy the man's tough journey to the bigs, that in itself should enough bring a bit of joy to an organization that has had little joy for two years. Congrats Hunter, no if, and or BUTS about it.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, UpstateNYfan said:

The site of "BUTS". It would be nice to just enjoy the man's tough journey to the bigs, that in itself should enough bring a bit of joy to an organization that has had little joy for two years. Congrats Hunter, no if, and or BUTS about it.

Congrats to Hunter!  OK...Now hopefully  he will have better trade value.    

Just kidding...lol. 

9 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

That definitely wasn’t his best, just a exhibition of his premium arm strength. He was pulling the fastball across his body, the split change was a bit firm and didn’t drop, and he only threw one curveball and it wasn’t in a competitive location.

Yes, his fastball location wasn't that good. For example on the Moreland strikeout, Severino wanted the pitch high and inside, and the pitch ended up low middle-ish. Luckily Moreland couldn't catch up to i.  

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

The rebuild has effected the tone of many poster.  However equaling Harvey to Wright is a bummer.   You have always tried to be fair and balanced IMO.   The rebuild seems to be moving you to the dark side.

25 minutes ago, wildcard said:

The rebuild has effected the tone of many poster.  However equaling Harvey to Wright is a bummer.   You have always tried to be fair and balanced IMO.   The rebuild seems to be moving you to the dark side.

Embrace the dark side. :awesome:

Back to Harvey, I just think of what Tony said years ago about don’t get too high on milb relievers as prospects. Usually it’s the failed SP that become the best relievers. Now think about Scott and Kline. They’ve been tattooed up here.