Best MLB Draft Picks in Round 1 and what selection.

Redskins Rick

Mods, feel free to move to the proper location.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/draft/2019/05/25/mlb-draft-history-best-picks/1231715001/

Very good read, not in total agreement, but they do state why thy feel the way they do.

Top picks in the Major League Baseball turn out to be busts at a fairly high rate, but that's not to say that some of the greatest players in history have been selected early in baseball's draft through the years.

We took a look back through the history of the draft and decided on the best player taken at each pick from No. 1 to No. 30. In order to be considered, the player had to have signed that year.

It's worth nothing that the MLB draft didn't begin until 1965.

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

When I saw "USA Today" my intuition told me to not click the link.  But I did, and I found a bb-ref query thinly disguised as a newspaper article.

Not too many articles take the time to research these days. It was a good read, lots of names, and some I agreed with and some I didn't

13 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Sabathia or Mussina? Recency bias or legit? I don't know, but understand picking Sabathia.

I didnt like the Mussina snub.  CC "might" get into the HOF, but his Career WAR is going to be a sticker for some.

13 hours ago, CheeryO said:

I like that Mussina was snubbed in favor of CC.  If you're going to ditch the Orioles for the Yankees you better win the big one, and he never did.

He had a solid chance in 96.

Stupid umpires and that clearly wrong home run call, didnt help.

Todd Zeile faking a throw and throwing the ball into the ground, sure didn't help.

Some say the 96 team was all around better team than the 83 World Series winners that won it all.