How much are you watching the O’s these days?

Frobby

Are you still watching the games?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How often are you watching the O’s these days?

• Almost every game
    • More often than not
    • Less than half the games
    • Maybe once or twice a week
    • Almost never
    • Literally never

I went to Blacksburg for a VT football game this past weekend and pretty much took a complete pass on the Fri/Sat/Sun Texas games.   I was in bars in Blacksburg Friday night and followed it on my phone.   At our postgame tailgate Saturday I glanced at the phone, saw we gave up 5 or 6 runs in the first, and never looked at it again.   And I didn't ask to tune our satellite to MASN even during commercials of the football games we were watching.   Sunday I got up at 8AM, got home by about 1:10, put on the Ravens and never even switched channels to the O's between innings.

But that's rare for me.   Usually I will at the very least follow my game as best I can on my phone if I am out somewhere.   And watch them on TV if I am home.   I watched all of the Dodger game last night, and will do the same again tonight.   It's my baseball season ritual, get home from work (usually hear the first inning or so on the radio driving home) and watch the game and post in the game thread.  

I'm actually more interested now because there is a chance I will see Hays or Harvey or even Mason Williams play.  

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I went to Blacksburg for a VT football game this past weekend and pretty much took a complete pass on the Fri/Sat/Sun Texas games.   I was in bars in Blacksburg Friday night and followed it on my phone.   At our postgame tailgate Saturday I glanced at the phone, saw we gave up 5 or 6 runs in the first, and never looked at it again.   And I didn't ask to tune our satellite to MASN even during commercials of the football games we were watching.   Sunday I got up at 8AM, got home by about 1:10, put on the Ravens and never even switched channels to the O's between innings.

But that's rare for me.   Usually I will at the very least follow my game as best I can on my phone if I am out somewhere.   And watch them on TV if I am home.   I watched all of the Dodger game last night, and will do the same again tonight.   It's my baseball season ritual, get home from work (usually hear the first inning or so on the radio driving home) and watch the game and post in the game thread.  

I'm actually more interested now because there is a chance I will see Hays or Harvey or even Mason Williams play.  

Williams is hitting well. 

This is the fewest amount of games I've watched on TV, or attended in person in almost twenty years. My cable provider dumped MASN in July and I didn't bother to switch to FIOS. In fact, I cancelled cable all together. I've only attended two road games, and two spring training games this season. The only game I'm attending in person in Baltimore this year is the last game of the season.

Sitting through the 14 year losing streak and watching most of that was it for me. I'm not doing it again. I'll tune back in when they start trying to win again.

• Like 1

I haven't seen a single game this season. Cancelled my MLBTV subscription for the first time since it's inception. I've tried to get local sports bars to play the games but never really seemed to work out. If I had the local station showing games, I'd probably have watched a few, reluctantly. Next season I'll re-assess after I see what they put on the field and may re-up my MLB subscription. 

So I've gotten a lot done this summer. ?

The latest fan survey from the Orioles asks about level of fandom, number of games attended, how do you follow (TV/radio/social), ticket prices.  Where it went beyond the usual survey questions was which of the 5 DC/Baltimore major sports teams represents winning, which has the best leadership, and the economic impact of the Orioles on Baltimore.

Haven't watched a game since June. Most of that is due to moving from NY to DC, where my MLB subscription won't allow me to watch the O's bc of blackout restrictions, and the streaming service I use, PSVUE, doesn't have a contract with MASN. It's a little frustrating, but I can't see paying any more money to watch this team right now. 

Edited by Santandah