Steve Wilkerson just made the catch of a lifetime

Barnaby Graves

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

You're like a bad sports parent. Kid hits HR to win the game. All dad wants to talk about on the car ride home is the groundball he booted in the 2nd inning.

I said it was a great catch. I loved the catch. Best catch of the year. I didn't go into the details of his poor plays because I didn't want to take the focus away from the catch. Have a nice day.

10 minutes ago, Bubble Buddy said:

I loved the Red Sox' announcers reaction ........ they seemed as thrilled as the Orioles' broadcasters. 

o

I just promoted you from Advanced-Rookie League Aberdeen to Regular-A Delmarva ........ congratulations.

o

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Philip said:

I don’t want to rain on anybody’s parade, but that catch would’ve been a lot less impressive if Stevie had read it better off the bat.

Yeah, it's not like he still would have had to jump, crash into the fence and still hold on to the ball or anything...

I swear, some people just find anything to nitpick.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Philip said:

I don’t want to rain on anybody’s parade, but that catch would’ve been a lot less impressive if Stevie had read it better off the bat.

Hyde said he thought it was 30 rows back in the stands.   Great catch and the change in the height of the fence right there is what made it uniquely awesome.    He’s lucky he didn’t hurt himself.   

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Hyde said he thought it was 30 rows back in the stands.   Great catch and the change in the height of the fence right there is what made it uniquely awesome.    He’s lucky he didn’t hurt himself.   

I think he went into the upper deck to get that. 

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Yeah, it's not like he still would have had to jump, crash into the fence and still hold on to the ball or anything...

I swear, some people just find anything to nitpick.

Haha I knew someone would respond like this, and it’s ok. It WAS a great catch. Even if he got a bad initial read he DID manage to compensate. I was just mentioning it.

my own favorite play this season was Martin’s reverse grab of that ground ball that took the sudden hop in the opposite direction. He completely changed direction, got the ball and threw out the runner.

amazing.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Maybe he did. I wondered if the reason why he didn't throw the ball in right away on the walkoff play was because he couldn't. I'm not sure there were any outfielders healthy and available on the bench, and Dwight Smith Jr. doesn't count.