Chris Davis - release him PLEASE

Ira Stancil

I love the Orioles but keeping the WORST hitter in baseball in the club house, (because you owe him millions, paid him a gazillion and should have signed Cruz instead) does not lend itself to good team chemistry. Other players get to witness a player (admittedly once awesome) now not carrying his weight, who stays quiet in the club house,  gets less hits than anyone in the game, shows little leadership and strikes out more often than getting on base. Suck it up and do it....PLEASE let him go, let him go, let him go.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I'm curious as to what leverage the Mets had to get Cespedes to agree to a reduction in his contract that will save them over $10 million.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28291941/mets-yoenis-cespedes-agree-terms-amended-contract

Must have gotten hurt doing something he shouldn't have been doing, per the terms of his contract.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Enjoy Terror said:

Oh yay, another newbie thread with nothing to offer.

I looked for the most recent Chris Davis thread to post my related question about Cespedes renegotiating his contract in.   This happpened to be it.   I did not want to start yet another CD thread so I looked for one to pose the question is.

8 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Oh yay, another newbie thread with nothing to offer.

Perhaps the new poster does not know there have been prior threads discussing this topic, or how to find them.    He’s brand new, so cut him some slack.    

For his benefit, here’s one of many threads discussing all things Davis:

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

I looked for the most recent Chris Davis thread to post my related question about Cespedes renegotiating his contract in.   This happpened to be it.   I did not want to start yet another CD thread so I looked for one to pose the question is.

The Cespedes thing is interesting. He must have been doing something he clearly shouldn't have when he broke that ankle. If memory serves, he said he "stepped in to a hole on his ranch". 

For him to give up that much guaranteed money, he clearly didn't want anyone to know what he was really doing. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

Perhaps the new poster does not know there have been prior threads discussing this topic, or how to find them.    He’s brand new, so cut him some slack.    

For his benefit, here’s one of many threads discussing all things Davis:

My first post wasn't a rant thread.  One technique is to ease yourself into a new community.

• Upvote 1

I just don't see them moving on from Davis until the team turns the corner. He is still owed a ton of money and takes up a roster spot that would require and additional $500,000 to the min salary guy who would fill that slot. They simply don't want or need to spend it. '

I personally would limit his playing time as necessary to give at bats to the younger players. The only thing that would change that is an early rebound. Even then there is likely no chance of moving him.

15 hours ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

Must have gotten hurt doing something he shouldn't have been doing, per the terms of his contract.

Cespedes said he stepped into a hole on his 88-acre ranch in Florida, and claimed he wasn’t riding a horse when it happened (which must be prohibited). But if they knocked $10 mil off his salary, the team must have had evidence to the contrary. 

5 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

Cespedes said he stepped into a hole on his 88-acre ranch in Florida, and claimed he wasn’t riding a horse when it happened (which must be prohibited). But if they knocked $10 mil off his salary, the team must have had evidence to the contrary. 

Evidently through the convoluted Agent/GM relationship they have up there. 

34 minutes ago, weams said:

I always wonder on new poster release Chris thread if it is not someone inside the Davis camp trying to have it happen. 

It really is the best thing for all parties for Davis to be released. The only thing that makes any sense to me is that Peter Angelos is really dug in on this topic, or at one point was and his family chooses to respect his wishes. I would imagine that if Peter were no longer with us, Davis' status with the team would change quickly.