Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

This is exactly the type of package I was afraid of getting for Bundy. Absolute bust in my eyes. I’d rather watch Bundy pitch. I’m not gonna be dramatic because it’s part of a rebuild but this is just as much of a salary dump as the Villar trade was. Absolutely no value coming back between the two trades.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, oriole said:

This is exactly the type of package I was afraid of getting for Bundy. Absolute bust in my eyes. I’d rather watch Bundy pitch. I’m not gonna be dramatic because it’s part of a rebuild but this is just as much of a salary dump as the Villar trade was. Absolutely no value coming back between the two trades.

We just don't know if there's no value. I thought the whole idea with Elias and Sig is they might actually be able to develop guys and tweak fringey guys. No one believes in that possibility anymore?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Ok, so quick take because I know all these guys from draft prep.

Issac Mattson - elite performance reliever, doesn't have the stuff for late inning work but should be useful, high floor

Kyle Bradish - extreme over the top delivery, will show mid rotation stuff, high spin curve, but has trouble holding it

Zach Peek - good frame, body, mediocre stuff guy who had a late velocity spike towards the mid 90s, was a steal in the 6th round.

Brnovich - weird mechanics, big time college performer, deception, blah velocity (BA's 107th overall draft prospect in 2019)

Bradish is a system guy, 12-6 curve, high release.

Brnovich and Mattson are analytics picks, plus results

Peek velocity and pitch design molding clay, 

Luke this awesome information to spit out so quickly for us, appreciate it! Could you give us a ball park of where you would slot them in our prospect ranks?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Going Underground said:

Agreed. Better in the Angelos family pockets. Not one dime for defense or pitching. 

I’m fine with all of this as long as they spend later on. We won’t know for years the answer. 

Captain Obvious here but we need to nail these top picks next couple of years. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

This rotation will be fun to watch this year. We may let up most runs in history.  

I get what they are doing. Outside of Mancini there is nothing else to move.  

Means?  He's only 5 months younger than Dylan and he'll be 30 by the team we are any good.  Plus we can guarantee ourselves the #1 pick next year.  Just saying.