Your favorite Bad Orioles Team roster

Moose Milligan

6 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Gene Brabender...OK..he was actually a pretty good reliever for us for several years...We traded him to Seattle Pilots who moved to Milwaukee and they made him a starter and his arm went south...We got Chico Salmon in trade...but really I always include Brabender just because a 12 year old boy and his adolescent buddies always liked his name....lol.

That was what immediately came to mind.    Ah, the good old days.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Gene Brabender...OK..he was actually a pretty good reliever for us for several years...We traded him to Seattle Pilots who moved to Milwaukee and they made him a starter and his arm went south...We got Chico Salmon in trade...but really I always include Brabender just because a 12 year old boy and his adolescent buddies always liked his name....lol. 

I was going to mention Chico Salmon for this thread.

And Tommy Shopay.

• Upvote 1

On 1/2/2020 at 1:22 PM, Darkhawk said:

P Brad Bergensen (F'n MASN)

One time I wrote publicly that Bergesen had suffered his career-altering injury while filming a MASN commercial. A MASN employee sent me a stern e-mail pointing out (correctly) that the commercial that injured him wasn't for MASN, it was for Orioles season tickets.

So I feel obligated to defend MASN's honor here. They're not to blame for Bergesen. 

• Upvote 1

1B - Glenn Davis. We probably had worse 1B's but relative to expectations and cost, Glenn Davis was a massive failure.

2B - Alan Wiggins. Billy Ripken had a 4 WAR season! Wiggins slugged .272 and .268, drug problems, hidden ball trick (then made three errors the next game) etc.

C - Floyd Rayford - definitely a lovable bad player

OF - Sosa

P - Mike Wright - I really can't think of a worse pitcher, terrible hair, just terrible.

1b: Jay Gibbons. Strangely, didn't look athletic, but oddly large arms. Fan favorite.

2b: Billy Smith. Everyone thought this guy was our future second baseman

3b: Aurelio Rodriguez, because nothing sounded cooler than Chuck Thompson saying "Aurelio Rodriguez" on the radio

SS: Kiko Garcia. Who didn't love chanting "Ki-ko, Ki-ko, Ki-ko"

C: Floyd Rayford. Man, this guy was round.

LF: Pat Kelly. Loved watching a ball bounce off his glove and over the wall for a home run

CF: Lee Lacy. Got to love a guy who brings his drug scandal with him to the team

RF: Pete Incaviglia. No discernable athletic ability

DH: Sam Horn. He was a home run waiting to happen. Waiting after a bunch of strikeouts

P: Ken Dixon. What's more endearing than a guy who was a 2 pitch pitcher proclaiming to the media that he didn't need to learn a third pitch.

Relief: Tom Niedenfurer. I remember a woman telling me that she couldn't believe someone with that big a gut could be a professional athlete

Closer: Kevin Hickey, because absolutely everyone loved Kevin Hickey

Catcher:  Jeff Tackett.  Used to call him "Whack-it, Tackett," which was funny because he couldn't.  He had that cool flat top though.

1st Base:  Kevin Millar.  Not that good by the time he got here.  Still liked him.

2nd Base:  Billy Ripken.  Used to call him "Big Lumber Bill," which was hilarious to me when I was a kid because he couldn't hit a lick.  But he was a great fielder.  

SS:  Deivi Cruz:  I'm not sure why.

3rd Base:  Leo Gomez.  Leo Gomez, IIRC, actually led all rookies in 1991 with 14 homers.  My mom had a crush on him which I thought was weird but hilarious.  He was also really nice.  Cleaning up my parents basement a few weeks ago, I came across about 5 different autographed Leo Gomez cards.

OF:  Corey Patterson.  Patterson could fly and I think I still held out hope that he'd reach some of that lofty prospect status he had when he came up.  He was 

OF:  Felix Pie.  I mean, c'mon

OF:  Luis Matos.  Thought the dude was going to be great, still liked him no matter what.

Some initial guys that came to mind.  I think I could do another lineup later.