Davis is definitley jacked this year...

Sir_Loin

11 minutes ago, interloper said:

He looks like how he's supposed to look. Will it help? Probably not to the degree anyone is hoping. But I never enjoyed watching skinny Davis. It just added to the whole sad vibe of it. So I'm glad he put on weight. I'm less glad that was all he bothered to do.

He didn’t say that’s all he did.   

“There were a lot of things. It was basically just a bunch of options. The plan that I had going into the offseason was the same thing I started kind of toward the offseason with the weight training, the nutrition and some of the eye stuff and some of the stretching stuff. And together I took that into the offseason. But there were just a multiple of options to go off that. I did a lot of stuff.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/02/davis-on-his-offseason-workouts-thoughts-of-quitting-and-more.html

I’d love to know what “eye stuff” he did.    Recognizing and reacting to pitches has been a huge problem for him the last 2-3 years.     

14 minutes ago, section18 said:

Now if he can stop chewing tobacco I"m sure he'll make his wfe and daughters happy along with fans who've  lost friends to throat c. I've been saying for years there are definitely eye issues. From needing contacts to needing cataract surgery.

It’s absurd to think he hasn’t had his eyes tested a million times.    He’s a professional athlete playing in the major leagues.   

I think what this is more about is training your eyes to follow an object that is moving 80-100 mph, pick up the spin in flight, and react.    That’s difficult and most people who have 20-20 vision can’t do it to the extent necessary to succeed as a player in Major League Baseball.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He didn’t say that’s all he did.   

“There were a lot of things. It was basically just a bunch of options. The plan that I had going into the offseason was the same thing I started kind of toward the offseason with the weight training, the nutrition and some of the eye stuff and some of the stretching stuff. And together I took that into the offseason. But there were just a multiple of options to go off that. I did a lot of stuff.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/02/davis-on-his-offseason-workouts-thoughts-of-quitting-and-more.html

I’d love to know what “eye stuff” he did.    Recognizing and reacting to pitches has been a huge problem for him the last 2-3 years.     

Yeah that's fair. I don't know what nutrition and stretching are really gonna do for him. I just meant other than S&C stuff, but yeah it's technically more than just gaining weight.

There are many players who have started wearing contacts who saw a major improvement. I don't wear glasses but have bought reading glasses you get off a rack in a drug or grocery store for reading and it's like looking into a magnifying glass. Just enlarging a baseball can make a huge difference. He hasn't clarified the eye stuff comment. You can pass an eye test but still improve your vision.