MLB (Orioles) suspended indefinitely

atomic

10 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

There is no evidence of this happening on a coordinated national level, so I'm pretty sure it's not. 

I say there is, the CDC and the US Healthcare has been working on this, not to mention the feds.

(political)

I dont not think what I said broke the rules, but I believe any additional comments would be fall into that.

• weams changed the title to Could MLB (Orioles) season be cancelled or postponed.
39 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because you are in a low risk group and could get a really great deal?  I wouldn't do it, but I could see the risk reward making sense for some folks.

Being quarantined in your room for a week or so and then on a military post for 2 weeks doesn't sound fun to me.  But what do I know I have never been on a cruise. 

5 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Gotta say every major league imposed the media restriction but in the last 24 hours we have seen:

NBA suspend games

NHL have a board of governors meeting

NFL announce they are talking about changes to the draft

MLB...crickets (unless I missed something)

2nd NBA Player has tested positive for the virus

Most NCAA conference tournaments this weekend have been cancelled.

NCAA 64 tournament is scheduled to play before team and family only.

NASCAR is still planning on racing, so is Indy Cars.

But again this is a different virus then the other corona virus strains. To predict what will happen ,even the so called experts don't know. During Ebola crisis we planned for a whole floor at Hopkins but was never needed.Ebola was a much more potent virus but with nowhere near the contagion of this virus. Death rates were very high with Ebola.

Just now, Going Underground said:

But again this is a different virus then the other corona virus strains. To predict what will happen ,even the so called experts don't know. During Ebola crisis we planned for a whole floor at Hopkins but was never needed.Ebola was a much more potent virus but with nowhere near the contagion of this virus. Death rates were very high with Ebola.

Exactly. They call it "novel" for a reason. It's novel. We don't know much about it yet. We barely know the incubation times beyond an educated guess. 

I'm not saying let's all panic about it, but we can't brush it aside. It requires vigilance and learning about it will take exponentially longer if the health systems are overloaded and if misinformation is spread, which it of course is. 

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Diseases that rapidly kill off their hosts aren't that effective as diseases.  After all killing the host is bad for the virus.

21 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Gotta say every major league imposed the media restriction but in the last 24 hours we have seen:

NBA suspend games

NHL have a board of governors meeting

NFL announce they are talking about changes to the draft

MLB...crickets (unless I missed something)

Manfred should be fired.  That is the simple explanation. He is incapable of doing his job.