Opening Day: Yankees bomb Orioles 9-5 (sim)

Tony-OH

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I batted him 5th, not the sim. I was taking his hot spring into order and where he was batting during spring training as to where I though Hyde would bat him.

Ok. That shows more faith in Davis than I would expect from either you or Hyde!

But it was the sim who brought Britton in to get the last out of a 9-5 game right?

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Why? It's clear he was not "on his game" so perhaps he wasn't commanding the changeup well? Not sure I would say it's unrealistic on a day in which he was hammered that he didn't have more strikeouts.

We should have used him more in spring training games instead of just sim games when camp was open.   Just not the same level of intensity, and clearly he was not prepared for Opening Day.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

We should have used him more in spring training games instead of just sim games when camp was open.   Just not the same level of intensity, and clearly he was not prepared for Opening Day.

I agree, not a fan of "hiding" the starting pitching.  The Yankees know who Means is.

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

Ok. That shows more faith in Davis than I would expect from either you or Hyde!

But it was the sim who brought Britton in to get the last out of a 9-5 game right?

Yes, all moves and lineups by the Orioles will be done by me. The other teams lineups and moves will be done by the AI.

I imagine the pitcher just reached his limit and was tired. Obviously in a real game they probably aren't bringing in Britton there.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Now that's some solid simulated second guessing! :D Bravo!