Fangraphs: Cashless Baseball Profits.

weams

Angelos, Dewitt and 15 minority investors bought the team for 173 mil in 1993...so lets say Angelos himself say put up 40 percent of that...70 mil tops..

Over the years, he has bought back much of the team stock....but he never even financed that himself probably. 

And niw the estimated value of franchise is 1.2 billion.  

Pretty good investment. .

8 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Angelos, Dewitt and 15 minority investors bought the team for 173 mil in 1993...so lets say Angelos himself say put up 40 percent of that...70 mil tops..

Over the years, he has bought back much of the team stock....but he never even financed that himself probably. 

And niw the estimated value of franchise is 1.2 billion.  

Pretty good investment. .

$173M invested in the S&P 500 in October 1993 with dividends reinvested would be worth about $1.7B at the end of June 2020. A lot less fun though, and despite the article I'm sure he took profits in some years.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, makoman said:

$173M invested in the S&P 500 in October 1993 with dividends reinvested would be worth about $1.7B at the end of June 2020. A lot less fun though, and despite the article I'm sure he took profits in some years.

Like the repayment of those loans.

38 minutes ago, makoman said:

Yes, except he didn’t put in anywhere near 173 mil