vs. D-RAYS, 8/01

OFFNY

1 minute ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Is that the argument for every extra inning now?

It should be the standard for every home-hitting extra inning where the game is still tied and it's not a super-weak hitter you can exploit.  The leadoff hitter is completely meaningless except with what he can achieve with the bat.

1 minute ago, milbest77 said:

Failed hit and run? That was not smart base running. At. All.

Can't imagine a hit and run with a guy on 3rd. That was just a terrible read. Alberto has to know he holds unless the ball gets through on any hard hit ball on the ground with a drawn in infield.

1 minute ago, milbest77 said:

Failed hit and run? That was not smart base running. At. All.

I haven't heard Ben MacDonald that much before this year, but I'm real disappointed he didn't call out the Orioles for pissing away that opportunity to win the game.

Imagine Palmer on that play. Or Bordick ("Great aggressiveness by the Orioles, but it just didn't work out.")

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Kiermaier on 2nd to start the 11th.

Iglesias hit for Mullins, who is in left now?  Valaika, with Iglesias coming in to play short??

I would not have hit for Mullins. If he gets out he starts at 2nd next inning. A single didn’t win the game there.