Would you cheer?

isestrex

I'm not saying I want him to hit it against the O's, but for the people at those games, it's quite an accomplishment to bear witness to. I would certainly politely applaud if I was at the games, and acknowledge the feat. It's one of those things I think you've got to tip your cap to.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's really very simple. I don't care if you disagree with me.

Orioles fans should not WANT Alex Rodriguez to hit 500 in our house.

However, Orioles fans become bitter, callow, farcical fans if they flat out refuse to acknowledge an incredible achievement like 500 homeruns. Couple that with the fact that he is going to be, by far, the youngest to do it, and the achievement goes from incredible to astounding.

Just because you can acknowledge what you just saw in the context of baseball history doesn't make you a Yankee fan, or not an Oriole fan.

I'm willing to bet that all you "YANKEES BAD ARGH! people would call another teams fans classless if they didn't applaud an O's significant career milestone in their park if it happened there.

Couldn't have said it better.

Hey guys, I don't mean to cause a ruckus....but I'm just responding to what I would or wouldn't do if I were there at OPACY when/if it happens there.....

You guys cheer and tip your cap or do whatever you feel you need to do....I will respect that.....understood it is history in the making ..... I, on the other hand , will yawn and pick up my newspaper and pretend that I don't care...;)

I just hope that IF he hits it here.....it won't be done at a critical point in the game and give his team a boost and they end up beating us.....I can just imagine the cheering then.....

You know what? I'll be home watching on MASN anyway....so it really doesn't matter.....He's gonna hit one or two tonight against KC anyway.....so the point is moot!! :P

Hey guys, I don't mean to cause a ruckus....but I'm just responding to what I would or wouldn't do if I were there at OPACY when/if it happens there.....

You guys cheer and tip your cap or do whatever you feel you need to do....I will respect that.....understood it is history in the making ..... I, on the other hand , will yawn and pick up my newspaper and pretend that I don't care...;)

I just hope that IF he hits it here.....it won't be done at a critical point in the game and give his team a boost and they end up beating us.....I can just imagine the cheering then.....

You know what? I'll be home watching on MASN anyway....so it really doesn't matter.....He's gonna hit one or two tonight against KC anyway.....so the point is moot!! :P

Agree with your bold point, of course it would be better that if he did do it, it would happen with the O's up 9-2 in the ninth. Hopefully he hits it tonight in KC and we can stop this nonsense and concentrate on having the O's continue to play well late in the season, we can ALL agree on that.

I'm willing to bet that all you "YANKEES BAD ARGH! people would call another teams fans classless if they didn't applaud an O's significant career milestone in their park if it happened there.

I wouldn't be offended in the least!

Would you be offended if the fans booed Erik Bedard after he'd just pitched a perfect game in MFY stadium against their beloved Yankees?.... would you get all huffy and rail on about how they don't respect "the game"?? .... geeesh!

I would just laugh to myself and probably say "gotcha ,you Yankee luvin' pukes"....and go on with my life....

I just hate to see a Yankee or a Red Sawwwk get ANY kind of record against the O's....unless it's a dubious record like A-Rod striking out 20 straight times in 4.2 games against the Birds....

Let's just agree to disagree?

I wouldn't be offended in the least!

Would you be offended if the fans booed Erik Bedard after he'd just pitched a perfect game in MFY stadium against their beloved Yankees?.... would you get all huffy and rail on about how they don't respect "the game"?? .... geeesh!

I would just laugh to myself and probably say "gotcha ,you Yankee luvin' pukes"....and go on with my life....

I just hate to see a Yankee or a Red Sawwwk get ANY kind of record against the O's....unless it's a dubious record like A-Rod striking out 20 straight times in 4.2 games against the Birds....

Let's just agree to disagree?

They would cheer the accomplishment. Say what you want about Yankees fans, they're rude, arrogant, and all of that, but they know baseball. The night Cal ended his streak there were many Yankees fans at oriole Park that night, and every one of them joined in the ovation when it was announced that Cal was taking the night off. They don't hate the Orioles enough to not appalud Bedard if he threw a no hitter at Yankee Stadium. Cal Ripken got ovations at EVERY visiting park throughout 1995, including Yankee Stadium and Fenway. Baseball fans appreciate greatness, whether they like the team or not. Bonds being the exception right now.

I think Cal is an exception in this case, don't you?

Unless I am completely out of the loop.....I think everyone respects Cal for what he's done on and off the field.....how could you NOT like the guy??? Look at what he's done for the game....He's never been caught with hookers, bet on baseball games he's played in, played the game respectfully(not yelling at 3rd basemen while trying to field a pop-up, etc....)....even a Yankee fan can appreciate that.....I hope.

...on the other hand, A-rod has hit a bunch of homers during the regular season... and choked in the playoffs on a regular basis.....

I'm just not a big A-Rod fan despite all of his "stats"....

I think Cal is an exception in this case, don't you?

Unless I am completely out of the loop.....I think everyone respects Cal for what he's done on and off the field.....how could you NOT like the guy??? Look at what he's done for the game....He's never been caught with hookers, bet on baseball games he's played in, played the game respectfully(not yelling at 3rd basemen while trying to field a pop-up, etc....)....even a Yankee fan can appreciate that.....I hope.

...on the other hand, A-rod has hit a bunch of homers during the regular season... and choked in the playoffs on a regular basis.....

I'm just not a big A-Rod fan despite all of his "stats"....

Fair enough, Cal is universally loved, no question. Ok, I'll buy that about A-Rod, but what about Jeter. Great player, clutch player, never in trouble off the field, class act as far as we know.

Ok....I'd might clap politely for Jeter. IF we were winning BIG and there were two outs, ninth inning.......I mean, HE dives into the stands....I know because "I saw it on the ESPN"....:D

So.....has he hit #500 yet? Yawn....

Starting to come around...I love it. No for #500 yet, i do hope he gets it tonight to be honest.

Archived