Would you cheer?

isestrex

As long as he doesn't hit it on Sunday, that will be fine with me. Preferebly tonight, or the next series after the O's.

But chances are one record will be broken Sunday, and ruin Cal and Tony's day.

A-Rod (500 HR)

Glavine (300 W)

Cox (Ejection Record)

Bonds (Hank's HR Record)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny as in odd...

I would much rather watch that MFY hit his 500th on Sportscenter....against the Royals. I just can't understand some of you wanting to see him set a record at our home ballpark.....:confused:

I know, I know....it's "history".......he's gonna do it eventually....but WHY would you want to see him do it against YOUR team? So you can say that "you were there" ???.........It's just something else those 30,000 MFY fans can use against us at OUR park....

What about those of you that WON'T be there......do you still want him to hit it against the O's?......even if it's "meaningless" as far as the outcome of the game?

Honestly, no disrespect meant towards any of you baseball loving historians out there.....but, I just don't want to see the MFY's do ANYTHING positive against my team....under ANY circumstances!

I agree with you Pappy

I dont pull for the evil ones!:mad:

I agree with you Pappy

I dont pull for the evil ones!:mad:

It's about the History of the game, anytime a road player reaches a milestone in a visiting ballpark, the fans cheer. Baseball fans usually have more respect for the game than other sports. I am surprised at your response Cindy. Forget who A Rod plays for, and appreciate the accomplishment from a Baseball fan's perspective, which I know you are. What he's done in such a short time is nothing short of incredible. He's a great player, Yankee or not.

It's about the History of the game, anytime a road player reaches a milestone in a visiting ballpark, the fans cheer. Baseball fans usually have more respect for the game than other sports. I am surprised at your response Cindy. Forget who A Rod plays for, and appreciate the accomplishment from a Baseball fan's perspective, which I know you are. What he's done in such a short time is nothing short of incredible. He's a great player, Yankee or not.

I dont respect Arod as a person.As a True O fan I want us to spank the yanks!:mad:

I love baseball history very much. I will NEVER route against my beloved Os though!

I'm not sure I could root for Rodriguez even if he were an Oriole. Don't any of you remember what a bush-league play that was when he yelled "Hah" when running by Toronto 3rd baseman Howie Clark, causing him to let the ball drop? I was stunned by his antics. I couldn't believe a major league baseball player got away with this *&^%! If that would've happened to HIM in N.Y. , I can only imagine what an uproar that would've caused..... I know he's "competitive"....but I find it hard to pull for a guy like that.

Sure the guy's a lock for the HOF and can hit just about any pitcher that ever lived.....probably one of the best players of all-time. I just couldn't give a rat's buttocks about him....he's just another MFY for all I care......I hope he goes 0-20 against the O's in this series.....he'll get #500, just get it somewhere else.....

You want "history" for our ballpark?....how about a few World Series wins.....we've already had 2131, Eddies 500th, etc.....let's pull for something bigger.....not this MFY record crap.....geesh.....c'mon guys!!:D

I dont respect Arod as a person.As a True O fan I want us to spank the yanks!:mad:

I love baseball history very much. I will NEVER route against my beloved Os though!

You don't respect A Rod as a person? He's a bit of a crybaby, but seems like a decent guy otherwise. Interesting. I wouldn't necessarily root for him to do it here, but I would appreciate the accomplishment if he did. No one is saying they'd root against the O's at all. I wouldn't root against the Orioles no matter what, but i can appreciate a great player when i see one. That's all I'm saying. Of course I want the O's to beat the Yankees.

You don't respect A Rod as a person? He's a bit of a crybaby, but seems like a decent guy otherwise. Interesting. I wouldn't necessarily root for him to do it here, but I would appreciate the accomplishment if he did. No one is saying they'd root against the O's at all. I wouldn't root against the Orioles no matter what, but i can appreciate a great player when i see one. That's all I'm saying. Of course I want the O's to beat the Yankees.

He done many things that cause him to lose respect in my eyes.Check out what Pappy says.

I'm not sure I could root for Rodriguez even if he were an Oriole. Don't any of you remember what a bush-league play that was when he yelled "Hah" when running by Toronto 3rd baseman Howie Clark, causing him to let the ball drop? I was stunned by his antics. I couldn't believe a major league baseball player got away with this *&^%! If that would've happened to HIM in N.Y. , I can only imagine what an uproar that would've caused..... I know he's "competitive"....but I find it hard to pull for a guy like that.

Sure the guy's a lock for the HOF and can hit just about any pitcher that ever lived.....probably one of the best players of all-time. I just couldn't give a rat's buttocks about him....he's just another MFY for all I care......I hope he goes 0-20 against the O's in this series.....he'll get #500, just get it somewhere else.....

You want "history" for our ballpark?....how about a few World Series wins.....we've already had 2131, Eddies 500th, etc.....let's pull for something bigger.....not this MFY record crap.....geesh.....c'mon guys!!:D

Pappy..The voice of reason.Thank You:)

I think we all want to spank the yanks. However, if Arod happens to hit number 500 while I am at the game Sunday I will be somewhat honored that I got to see him hit the home run in person. As a baseball fan that is something I would like to see. Of course, hopefully it doesn't hurt the O's too badly.

He done many things that cause him to lose respect in my eyes.Check out what Pappy says.

Because he yelled "Ha", he's a terrible person? It was a pretty lame thing to do, I'll admit but I'm sure stuff like that happens all the time. It's just a bigger deal when the best player in the league does it. We'll just agree to disagree on this one. I don't think a lot of people think rationally on here when the Yankees are involved. It's a strange obsession really, the Yankees don't care one bit about us. If A-Rod still played for the Rangers or Mariners, everyone would be happy to cheer the accomplishment, not root against the O's though. We all want the O's to win, but we all should respect the game too, that's my real point.

It's really very simple. I don't care if you disagree with me.

Orioles fans should not WANT Alex Rodriguez to hit 500 in our house.

However, Orioles fans become bitter, callow, farcical fans if they flat out refuse to acknowledge an incredible achievement like 500 homeruns. Couple that with the fact that he is going to be, by far, the youngest to do it, and the achievement goes from incredible to astounding.

Just because you can acknowledge what you just saw in the context of baseball history doesn't make you a Yankee fan, or not an Oriole fan.

I'm willing to bet that all you "YANKEES BAD ARGH! people would call another teams fans classless if they didn't applaud an O's significant career milestone in their park if it happened there.

It's really very simple. I don't care if you disagree with me.

Orioles fans should not WANT Alex Rodriguez to hit 500 in our house.

However, Orioles fans become bitter, callow, farcical fans if they flat out refuse to acknowledge an incredible achievement like 500 homeruns. Couple that with the fact that he is going to be, by far, the youngest to do it, and the achievement goes from incredible to astounding.

Just because you can acknowledge what you just saw in the context of baseball history doesn't make you a Yankee fan, or not an Oriole fan.

I'm willing to bet that all you "YANKEES BAD ARGH! people would call another teams fans classless if they didn't applaud an O's significant career milestone in their park if it happened there.

EXACTLY! we don't WANT it, but we should respect it. Imagine if the Twins fans would've booed Cal when he reached 3000 hits, we'd have cursed them for months.

I can see it now, A-Rod hits home run # 500 at Oriole Park, the O's fans sit in silence. ESPN reports on Baseball Tonight with one line about how the O's fans didn't acknowldege A Rod...The Hangout explodes with "ESPN Hates Us" crap on 43 different threads, and we're stuck reading all of that nonsense again.

Root for the Orioles to get A Rod out every at bat, but if he doesn't, try to realize that you're watching one of the greatest players who ever lived reach an important milestone....Then go hate the Yankees again.

True...maybe I will apluad if its not a game deciding homer lol. I mean hes pretty much guaranteed to hit 500 any game now so I hope its not in our house

Archived