Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

I saw that World Series champion Trey Mancini is getting DFA’d after the Candelario trade.

That's a bummer from a personal standpoint, but he's been having a rough last season and a half. At least he got paid. Maybe he can hook up with some scuffling club to see if he can rebuild his value. But if I was him I might just relax on my $25mm career earnings knowing I was good at baseball once and beat potential death, just enjoy life. 

2 hours ago, CharmCityHokie said:

That's a bummer from a personal standpoint, but he's been having a rough last season and a half. At least he got paid. Maybe he can hook up with some scuffling club to see if he can rebuild his value. But if I was him I might just relax on my $25mm career earnings knowing I was good at baseball once and beat potential death, just enjoy life. 

For a lot of players, I don’t think it’s that easy. Maybe I’m wrong, but I suspect some guys like Mancini would rather be productive on $3M/yr rather than scuffling on a $12.5M/yr deal. 

19 hours ago, backwardsk said:

I saw that World Series champion Trey Mancini is getting DFA’d after the Candelario trade.

I was stunned when he got that $14m contract last winter. Good 1B in his prime but for the Cubs to DFA him now is just as surprising. He's not exactly doing anything he didnt do last year. 

1 hour ago, CharmCityHokie said:

Jimmy Yacabonis DFA'd (again) by the Mets, being replaced by another former Oriole, Denyi Reyes

And Denyi takes the loss in a 21-3 loss to the Braves.  Not sure which of the 3 touchdowns he was responsible for giving up.

• Haha 1