Wynns clears waivers, off the 40 man

weams

He'll hang around a few more years as an emergency catcher and spring training filler guy. I expect the Orioles to add a couple other minor league contract guys behind the dish as well. I also think we see a Rule-5 guy or two (or maybe a couple other claims like this) given the Orioles opted to remove him from the 40-man now and keep a couple spots open.

• Upvote 1

By all accounts Wynns is a quality human being.   I’m happy to have him in the organization and in a pinch he can be called to the majors and won’t embarrass himself.   I’m glad we were able to get him off the 40-man roster and yet keep him.    

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

He'll hang around a few more years as an emergency catcher and spring training filler guy. I expect the Orioles to add a couple other minor league contract guys behind the dish as well. I also think we see a Rule-5 guy or two (or maybe a couple other claims like this) given the Orioles opted to remove him from the 40-man now and keep a couple spots open.

They need catchers at AA.