Frederick Dropped

weams

That sucks.  Expected, but it sucks. 

In a perfect world this contraction would be an opening for real competitive, maybe even higher level independent leagues.  But I think that ship sailed a long time ago.  Way before I was born.  At best some of the dropped teams will join leagues like the Atlantic League, made up mostly of A- and AA-caliber talent in their late 20s.  Or this Draft League... I guess.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Bad Orioles decision! I would have let go of Bowie as its closer to the Gnats

Me too. Bowie is a Washington suburb while Frederick is half way to both. Basically what they've done is lose an area that will now have young people moving toward the Gnats because they have been a winning team while the Oriole wallow in last place and battle for the 1st pick in the draft every year.

I am glad to see Aberdeen get picked up as a full season club. 

• Upvote 2

Sad to hear this news. I spent numerous afternoons and evenings watching the Keys at Harry Grove from early-2000s to mid 2010s . Billy Rowell, Jumbo Diaz, Manny, Big Bat Matt, B-Rob, and Markakis. Memorable moments for me include a towering, opposite field, Jason Hayward homerun off Brian Matuz (that cleared I-70 ?) a random Mike (Joes Brother) Flacco homerun, and attending Mannys first game there in 2011 with my dad. If I remember it correctly he hit his first home run as a Key that day. Good times. 

Edited by fansince1988
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Bad Orioles decision! I would have let go of Bowie as its closer to the Gnats

Yes but not sure any of the other locations have the size or facilities to be a AA team.  They also jumped Aberdeen to high A and kept Delmarva as low A telling me stadium and facilities played a bigger role in the decision then location.

• Upvote 1