128 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the number twelve prospect?

• Xavier Avery
    • Tyler Henson
    • LJ Hoes
    • Greg Miclat
    • Troy Patton

This poll is closed to new votes

Interesting options in the poll. I like Miclat but I wasn't expecting him to come up quite yet. Henson wasn't really high on my radar before his offseason (thus far). Avery is really raw and needs a couple of years to develop as a player.

So it's Hoes, who everyone seems to like but has only played in a "high school" league and Patton, who everyone wonders about for health reasons. I'll take the guy that would have been a regular in our rotation last year if he hadn't been injured and I'll cross my fingers that he'll come back and be his old self again.

I'm ready for Montanez and his .300+ major league average/AA triple crown winner to be an option. This is beginning to become an area where I think he should show up (next 5 picks).

BTW, for the fellas who wonder how I couldn't have Mickolio in my top 30, it's pretty simple to me. The guy's like 10 feet tall and is a 1-pitch pitcher for the most part. I don't believe he'll ever command his stuff to become a reliable major leaguer. I'll take very green guys like Rosa and Avery on my list before Mickolio. Nothing against the guy, I just don't trust that he'll ever be a solid contributor on a decent/good team.

BTW, for the fellas who wonder how I couldn't have Mickolio in my top 30, it's pretty simple to me. The guy's like 10 feet tall and is a 1-pitch pitcher for the most part. I don't believe he'll ever command his stuff to become a reliable major leaguer. I'll take very green guys like Rosa and Avery on my list before Mickolio. Nothing against the guy, I just don't trust that he'll ever be a solid contributor on a decent/good team.

I agree that Mickolio wasn't very impressive when I watched him but I have to admit that I didn't see him very often.

Go with Frobby.

Mickolio didn't impress me either-I can't stand that wind-up. That pitching motion should be hauled away and shot. How can anybody ever control his pitches when he steps way out to the right and then has to throw across his body like that? I wonder what his velocity could be if he just stepped directly toward the plate?

To me it's down to Henson and Patton. Miclat, Hoes and Avery have a lot more to prove before they check in this high in any OH prospect list. Tony has bemoaned his high rankings of FNG's here the last few seasons. Henson has shown his ability to hit for power and average and has athleticism to spare at 3B. Patton should only rank this high coming off of a major surgery if Tony has some inside scoop that he's coming back very nicely with his velocity and location.

I went with Henson.

Archived