Heyman: Braves kicking tires on Mancini

LookinUp

I’d be asking for 1 of their top 6, 1 in the top 15, and 2 others. 

But, you have to wonder what the money issues and missed season have hurt his value. I’d imagine they’d probably want to examine him beyond having their people look at his medical records concerning his strength and conditioning.

I don’t think this a guy the Orioles should just give away.

Id ask for Drew Waters, Tucker Davidson , maybe Spencer Strider , and a DSLkid.

6 hours ago, NCRaven said:

Top four prospects are probably off limits.  But something with Shewmake and one of their top 10 pitching prospects as the centerpieces?

I don’t think it happens.  And I love Trey Mancini.  But, a 28 year old right handed first baseman can’t be a total no trade guy.

He not playing 1B for the Braves...Freddie Freeman.   There is no DH in the NL.   That puts him in the OF.    

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't see the logic of the quantity over quality approach or why folks seem to need to have a DSL kid thrown into every trade.  Collecting non prospects isn't going to do much.  At some point they need a place to play.  I'd rather have one of two more highly regarded guys.

I personally believe they would laugh at us if we're asking for a top 10 guy.  That said, I agree and if they would part with a guy like Waters who is due to arrive this year sometime and a 20-30 range arm, I'd do it.

17 minutes ago, CarrRun49 said:

I personally believe they would laugh at us if we're asking for a top 10 guy.  That said, I agree and if they would part with a guy like Waters who is due to arrive this year sometime and a 20-30 range arm, I'd do it.

Sure I was just talking in general.  Folks are acting like dsl kids are an order of small fries they tack on to their drive through order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Probably Atlanta thinking they can get him cheaply.  It’s worth the call.

Nothing likely to come of it.

But if they offer enough, of course you trade him.  Just because he had cancer, doesn’t mean you can’t trade him.  It’s not like you are ending his baseball career.  If anything, you are helping him.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, rudyrooster said:

Big-time negative PR hit if it were to happen.

Yes... but you can't run a team based on PR. If the deal is right you have to do it. :noidea:

Who was it? Manager or GM who said (paraphrasing) "If you run the team based on fans preferences you'll soon be among them."

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Yes... but you can't run a team based on PR. If the deal is right you have to do it. :noidea:

Who was it? Manager or GM who said (paraphrasing) "If you run the team based on fans preferences you'll soon be among them."

Without doing something truly disturbing can fan opinion of the franchise get lower? 

• Upvote 1