Gunnar Henderson 2021

Just Regular

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ll worry about Gunnar’s placement when the season is over.  It’s a mystery why he’s gotten so stone cold after being red hot for several weeks, but things could turn around for him again - or not.   He did homer yesterday, so that’s a hopeful sign.  

Baseball swings are like golf swings, but even harder. The feel changes all of the time. He has to work through this. I think he will, but he's clearly not done developing, we hope.

47 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea, I think he would have to end the year incredibly hot to start in AA.

I think, given his struggles in A ball, that he will start in Aberdeen and probably hope to be moved up 4-6 weeks into the season.  

You take that flukey start to his Aberdeen career where they played like 6 of 8 games versus the same team, that they clearly didn’t want to pitch to him, and he’s above an .800 OPS with Aberdeen. He went like 0-20 versus Gwinnett? with 12BB. 

He’s at a .680 OPS now. 1-2 big games and he’s touching .800 overall there. 

53 minutes ago, waroriole said:

And what will he do this off-season to warrant it?

Let’s worry about that when the 4.5 weeks remaining in the season are over.   A lot can change in that amount of time.  Just ask Rylan Bannon.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

4.5 Weeks in Aberdeen and possibly another few weeks in the AFL. 

I am not in a huge hurry to push him to the AFL.  He’s a young guy and this is his first full season of professional baseball. He’s played far more games this year than any other time in his life.   Could be time just to let him rest up, take stock of what he needs to work on, and let him have a normal offseason.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I am not in a huge hurry to push him to the AFL.  He’s a young guy and this is his first full season of professional baseball. He’s played far more games this year than any other time in his life.   Could be time just to let him rest up, take stock of what he needs to work on, and let him have a normal offseason.  

That makes sense to me. 

14 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Back over .700 at Aberdeen.  He’ll start next year at Bowie. Chance at the AFL. 

I think the chances of this are very small unless he ends the year on a tear and starts next camp on a tear. Even then I'd be surprised, tbh.