Rally and announcement 11/12?

SpringBarb

Also...color me unconvinced on the Maryland flag patch. Not that I have anything against Maryland, but, as I've said before, that's one busy flag to try to render in a sleeve patch.

Give me the cartoon bird swinging a bat--the original one, not the "Fun Bird"--as a sleeve patch any day of the week.

Pretty much my feelings here too. I'm not digging the thought of a flag sleeve patch. It might turn out ok, but it doesn't sound that appealing.

With the O's luck, the weather will be like it was yesterday for the rally....

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excited about the new home jersey but I'm a little skeptical of the flag patch...Seems like the colors wouldn't gel but we will see.

I was hoping for the cartoon bird. Perhaps they will make our alternates the one's that they wore as throwbacks this year? That would be pretty cool.

Maybe it will be a crest like the Ravens have? They would have B and O in it instead of B and R. Ok let the BO jokes roll.:laughlol:

I've heard the hat design is an update to the cartoon bird, not a previous design they are going back to. I'll be interested to see it.

The cartoon bird is a classic, it shouldn't have to be updated in any way.

I love my 1966 hat. I wish this is what they'd go back to...or at least have as an alternate. All black with the cartoon bird.

Color me nervous on the idea of a new home jersey (given that the Orioles have had "new" home jerseys in 1995, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2001, 2002 and 2004). I fear a return of a jersey script closer to the "official logo" script (which I don't care for all that much). A "new" home jersey also points to a change to, or worse, the elimination of, of the alternate jersey.

Also...color me unconvinced on the Maryland flag patch. Not that I have anything against Maryland, but, as I've said before, that's one busy flag to try to render in a sleeve patch.

Give me the cartoon bird swinging a bat--the original one, not the "Fun Bird"--as a sleeve patch any day of the week.

On a completely different note, can someone get Drew a new blog photo? He looks like he should be institutionalized.

I agree about being nervous, especially about the "modernized" description Drew uses. Of course that description is very vague and could mean different things to different people. Mostly I hope the number font/style isn't changed to some silly italicized &/or curvey type numbers - like this for instance - http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=4083 That sort of thing generally bugs me in all sports but especially baseball.

Someone on Chris Creamer's board, who claims to have seen the changes say they include, "new piping, two patches on every jersey minus the home and the BPs...new home, road and BP caps."

Oh boy... now that news of the uniform change has leaked, I bet the Orioles call off the changes.

So, should we change our names from the Orioles to the O's?;)

I would be disappointed if the bird is "fierce" as Schmuck is saying. I want a return to the cartoon bird. That hat would be unique compared to current MLB hats and IMO create higher sales than a rough looking bird.

You may be on to something...

It is likely a shocking new team nickname change... forget O's.

It's the Baltimore Brave (no 's')... based on the National Anthem "...and the hoooooome, of theeeeeee, BRAVE!!!!!!!! The fans would go nuts at the end.

The new logo/mascot is an eagle... Angelos and crew shock the world!

Someone wake m... errrr, smack me from my dream. :D

Someone on Chris Creamer's board, who claims to have seen the changes say they include, "new piping, two patches on every jersey minus the home and the BPs...new home, road and BP caps."

I'm going to call shenanagans on that Chris Creamer board post. I can't imagine that

A) the Orioles would go out of cycle on the BP jerseys unless they're adding a road BP...ditto for the BP cap

B) they'd double patch the alternate jersey (only worn at home) but not the home jersey

C) that they'd change the piping, unless they're going to a thin orange/black/orange piping like that on the 1960s home jerseys, which would not be "correct" for the road jersey

I remain dismayed at the prospect of the "high i" script returning to the home jerseys. (See photos of the current BP jersey for what I'm talking about.)

I'm having the dumbest email exchange with a coworker:

"Have you seen the new designs for the Orioles new hat"

They aren't public yet

"Oh so you haven't. It looks pretty good a bit on the fierce side now they might have to change the Oriole bird"

They aren't available yet bruce

"To the public but you can see the prototype"

Then show it to me

"I will have to give you the site next Friday. The site shows the new uniforms and hats. You may be able to go to lids.com to see the hats"

Bruce, they aren't available to be seen yet... they get unveiled on the 12th and no

website on the internet has them... Orioles hangout doesn't have them.

"Somebody must have it because people I play poker with have seen them"

Don't believe everything you hear...

Maybe it's just me, but nobody would give this stuff one whit of attention if the team was winning. It's like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

If they win, they can put them in clown suits and call them the Baltimore Bozos for all I care.

Maybe it's just me, but nobody would give this stuff one whit of attention if the team was winning. It's like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

If they win, they can put them in clown suits and call them the Baltimore Bozos for all I care.

Frobby stuff like this is important when the team is losing, and has been losing for so long. I agree, if the team was winning this wouldn't matter. But they aren't, so it is.

It keeps the team in the spotlight and sells some merchandise. Plus it makes [some of the] fans happy.

Archived