Adley Rutschman 2021

glenn__davis

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Homer and 2 walks last night.  Happy to see the walks.  Maybe he is starting to see the ball better?

He's been pretty deep in a lot of counts. He really doesn't chase many bad pitches, which is a good sign. He just needs to barrel up and turn on some good inside pitches.

1 hour ago, Jammer7 said:

Reading through some of these posts, and here I am scratching my head at the over-reactions. Please, come back off the ledge. 

Development happens when prospects fail and are driven to succeed through the adjustments they need to make along the way. I will say that I do not like his swing right now, the upper cut is more pronounced than what I remember in college. I am not sure why anyone would teach that swing, honestly. But that aside, can we give him some time to adjust before we trash the face of the franchise? 

I liked Abrams a lot too. He was plan B for me.  But I would still take Adley over him. 

Agreed, it's way too early to think Rutschman is anything other than a guy struggling a bit at the start of his minor league career that is highlighted by the fact he was such a highly rated 1-1 pick.

The good news is the defense is as advertised outside of the throwing which has not been great this year in Bowie. His throws have been pretty high, even on some pick off attempts. i think that will be fine though as the arm strength is definitely there. His receiving and blocking are fantastic though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

8 walks, 0 strikeouts in the last 3 games.   OBP now .432, OPS .869. And he hasn’t really started hitting!  Hopefully that comes next.   

His eye at the plate is near perfect from what I've seen. If its not a strike, he isnt swinging.