Kyle Bradish 2021

Frobby

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It was Machado.

Not to derail this thread from Bradish, but it's an interesting question - would Elias have promoted Machado for the 2012 stretch run?  I think probably not.

I do hope we see some aggressive promotions this year.  Bradish certainly looks like a candidate.  

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

It was Machado.

I was thinking more along the lines of performance rather than need at the big league level. 

24 years old, no runs allowed in 13 innings and averaging 2 K's a frame.  The writing is on the wall in big letters.  I'd still expect one or two more starts in Bowie, but time for Triple A and hopefully we see him in Baltimore this summer.

3 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Not to derail this thread from Bradish, but it's an interesting question - would Elias have promoted Machado for the 2012 stretch run?  I think probably not.

I do hope we see some aggressive promotions this year.  Bradish certainly looks like a candidate.  

Why not? We have no idea how Elias will run the roster on a legit contending team, or with a top prospect who has clearly played like it.

When he was in Houston they promoted some of their guys aggressively, and while he wasn’t pushing the buttons, I imagine he will adapt to what the situation calls for.

4 hours ago, ChuckS said:

If there was ever a time for a quick promotion.....

Whenever Bradish and Hall start getting to 100 pitches then it will be a matter of when they're called up. I dont think either one needs more than a few AAA starts, if any. Elias might think differently, and decide this MLB season means nothing and keep them down. Then they have Brnovich in High A only allowing one baserunner per start. 

I love what Bradish has shown so far this year and would like to see him go a couple more starts and pitch 5+ innings and then get the bump to Triple-A. If he continues to dominate there I would love to see him in Baltimore by around August after the trade deadline passes and we see where we stand with needs. 

5 hours ago, jabba72 said:

Whenever Bradish and Hall start getting to 100 pitches then it will be a matter of when they're called up. I dont think either one needs more than a few AAA starts, if any. Elias might think differently, and decide this MLB season means nothing and keep them down. Then they have Brnovich in High A only allowing one baserunner per start. 

Not to derail you, but the O’s don’t let their MiL pitchers throw 100 pitches very often.  Hall never did in 2019; in fact, he only cracked 90 five times.   Lowther only topped 100 three times that year, Wells never did, Akin only once, Kremer only once.   Good chance they’ll be even more conservative this year as they try to limit workload over the full season after last year’s inactivity.   

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not to derail you, but the O’s don’t let their MiL pitchers throw 100 pitches very often.  Hall never did in 2019; in fact, he only cracked 90 five times.   Lowther only topped 100 three times that year, Wells never did, Akin only once, Kremer only once.   Good chance they’ll be even more conservative this year as they try to limit workload over the full season after last year’s inactivity.   

Ok well I guess i'll revise that to 90 pitches then. But this is the year they both will be knocking on the door so things could be accelerated for them.