SWEPT BY THE FRIGGIN' TWINS!

BirdinBama

With runners in scoring position, we were 4/32 (.125).

Without a runner in scoring position we were 18/72 (.250).

Now I have been told that there is no such thing as clutch, and that over time players will hit the way they hit.   So that means that sometime soon we will have a stretch of games where we hit .400 with RISP, right?

Right?

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

On paper the Twins are an underperforming team. Not really a shocker that this current version of the Orioles were swept. 

This.  The twins were considered a borderline playoff team.  They have a strong lineup and decent pitching.  Underperfoming teams get healthy on bad teams.

If losing was winning this would be great news.  I think Eli feels another number one pick coming and honestly very few teams will contest our ineptness......

I predict trades at the deadline.  Santander, Mancini and Means are all probably dead men walking.  

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

I predict trades at the deadline.  Santander, Mancini and Means are all probably dead men walking.  

Yeah right, I'm sure any of them would be thrilled to be out of here and play somewhere that's got a chance at the playoffs.

I don't think any of them are traded though.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Don’t worry guys, it’s fine.  I have been told there is no reason to improve the roster.  Just keep going as is because that is working out so well!

Another four, five years of accumulating talent Elias will be ready  to make his move.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Don’t worry guys, it’s fine.  I have been told there is no reason to improve the roster.  Just keep going as is because that is working out so well!

Crying about it is not going to change the fact that Eli isnt going to spend money till the team is better.  I remember the year we missed drafting Teixera because our team won the last five of a season with shut outs.  When tanking would of been better.  Until MLB has a pool of bad teams and draws straws to see who drafts where tanking is just a part of the game these days.