SWEPT BY THE FRIGGIN' TWINS!

BirdinBama

13 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I always root for Tampa because I love how they do things down there.  

I wouldn’t say I’m a fan of the team, just have a lot of respect for how they do things And how they play the game.

Absolutely this. I’ve long admired how they get the most out of what they have and keep it going from year to year for the most part. Need to hire away their people.

3 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Absolutely this. I’ve long admired how they get the most out of what they have and keep it going from year to year for the most part. Need to hire away their people.

Says the fan of the team that fired coaches in a cost saving measure last year.

40 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Says the fan of the team that fired coaches in a cost saving measure last year.

Nah, personality conflicts. Weren’t they?

Eh, they’re on the right track. Coaches like bullpen pieces are largely interchangeable.

?

2 hours ago, MouncastleandMcCormick said:

I'm at the point now where I really want to see the Os try someone like Jannis.  Knuckleballers often catch on late and can eat innings.  I don't see the harm in giving it a try.

Can't be worse than what we have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KillerTofu said:

Why?

1. He's keeping payroll low to line his pockets.  It irks me that his people are so good and work so hard to produce a quality product and he so rarely gives them money to build with. 
  2. The way he is handling the potential move of the team.  The public statements, the veiled threats the unreasonable requests, the open courting of Montreal.  Dude, you bought a team with an ironclad lease, shut up.

It's about 95% #2, 5% #1.