Jahmai Jones 2021

Ohfan67

On 6/16/2021 at 12:41 PM, Ruzious said:

He keeps this up, and he'll force them to promote him.  Maybe he won't succeed in MLB, but he looks the part and seems to have the tools.  I'm always going to favor players with speed who seem to work hard.    

14 hours ago, bpilktree said:

The bat looks like it can play in majors now but he has to be able to play 2nd IMO to be a real help.  We can’t have 10 outfielders and no infield players.  

I'm thinking he gets the call up once Galvis is traded. Valaika / someone to short, then Jones playing 2B every day down the stretch.

3 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

It's not like he's being blocked in Baltimore by Frank Robinson either.

Plus obviously Domingo Leyba's the man for 2B, forcing him out to LF.

We'll see where we are in a month, but I still have a small candle lit for say Bradish starting and a line up like

CF Mullins

C Rutschman

DH Mountcastle

1B Mancini    (got to show the NL clubs he can do it next month)

RF Santander

3B Franco     (open to Nevin clomping around over there just to see what happens)

SS Galvis      (not really outplaying Elvis Andrus lately)

2B Leyba

LF Jahmai

Hays first string if he can be, but if he can't put 6-8 weeks together I imagine by offseason I'll see him in similar 4th outfielder pigeonhole to how I saw Mullins last year.    (So obviously Hays will be a 2-way MVP candidate in 2022.)

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Plus obviously Domingo Leyba's the man for 2B, forcing him out to LF.

We'll see where we are in a month, but I still have a small candle lit for say Bradish starting and a line up like

CF Mullins

C Rutschman

DH Mountcastle

1B Mancini    (got to show the NL clubs he can do it next month)

RF Santander

3B Franco     (open to Nevin clomping around over there just to see what happens)

SS Galvis      (not really outplaying Elvis Andrus lately)

2B Leyba

LF Jahmai

Hays first string if he can be, but if he can't put 6-8 weeks together I imagine by offseason I'll see him in similar 4th outfielder pigeonhole to how I saw Mullins last year.    (So obviously Hays will be a 2-way MVP candidate in 2022.)

I really think the clock is ticking on Hays. Santander too. 

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

I really think the clock is ticking on Hays. Santander too. 

Santander, who I am a big fan of, looks awful at the plate.  Late on fastballs.  Aside from his hard single yesterday, not a ton of hard contact.  Hope he turns it around, but the meh minor league track record might suggest otherwise.

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

Santander, who I am a big fan of, looks awful at the plate.  Late on fastballs.  Aside from his hard single yesterday, not a ton of hard contact.  Hope he turns it around, but the meh minor league track record might suggest otherwise.

Santander and Hays are both playing hurt.  That is probably why they look bad.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But since they can't stay healthy how is that a positive?

Its not positive, its disappointing.   But if they can't stay on the field that gives opportunity to Jones, McKenna and Diaz.  So the O's have Cedric in the OF.  The corners are open for whoever steps up.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Santander and Hays are both playing hurt.  That is probably why they look bad.

I agree.  In another threat (or it might have been this one?) I posted that Santander should go on the IL until he is fully healthy, and Nevin or Diaz should come up.  We really may as well give Diaz a chance to see what he can do a this point. 

2 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

I agree.  In another threat (or it might have been this one?) I posted that Santander should go on the IL until he is fully healthy, and Nevin or Diaz should come up.  We really may as well give Diaz a chance to see what he can do a this point. 

We know what Diaz can do.  He can get injured.  And he's very good at it.