2021 Orioles Draft Tracker

7 minutes ago, Obando said:

Is anyone else wondering why we haven’t signed our 14th round pick, Daniel Lloyd, yet?  We have up to $319,600 to spend on him, including the $194,600 remaining of pool money on top of the $125k you can spend on each pick after the 10th round.  Unless he failed his physical or his asking price changed after we picked him, I don’t understand why he hasn’t been signed yet.  Hopefully it still gets done, but the fact that it hasn’t been announced yet makes me think something happened unexpectedly. 

Could be.   He’s got another 4-5 days to sign.   Can’t say I’m losing sleep over him.  We’ll see what happens.  

8 minutes ago, Obando said:

Is anyone else wondering why we haven’t signed our 14th round pick, Daniel Lloyd, yet?  We have up to $319,600 to spend on him, including the $194,600 remaining of pool money on top of the $125k you can spend on each pick after the 10th round.  Unless he failed his physical or his asking price changed after we picked him, I don’t understand why he hasn’t been signed yet.  Hopefully it still gets done, but the fact that it hasn’t been announced yet makes me think something happened unexpectedly. 

Just signed per Roch. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

The Mets really screwed up by not taking a high school player at the end that they could throw money at in case Rocker didn't sign. They have already signed the rest of their draft class and now have $878,600 in savings that was going to go to Rocker (if Rocker doesn't sign, his slot value is lost).

If they don't sign Rocker (or if they sign him for slot or less), I wonder if they can/will offer an undrafted high school player $1M.

Similarly, whether the Orioles could do the same for $320K (their leftover pool amount + 120K).

Perhaps a player who somehow loses academic eligibility but was draft eligible and was undrafted.

Not directly related to your post but I did see the O's have signed 4 undrafted guys, 2 being pitchers from Oklahoma.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, 7Mo said:

Not directly related to your post but I did see the O's have signed 4 undrafted guys, 2 being pitchers from Oklahoma.

The first page has been showing these guys already signed for a week or so.  Are the two you mentioned different?

Free Agents:

Carson Carter, RHP, Oklahoma
Daniel Federman, RHP, Miami
Logan Michaels, C, Virginia
Preston Price, RHP, Arizona

18 minutes ago, bobmc said:

The first page has been showing these guys already signed for a week or so.  Are the two you mentioned different?

Free Agents:

Carson Carter, RHP, Oklahoma
Daniel Federman, RHP, Miami
Logan Michaels, C, Virginia
Preston Price, RHP, Arizona

Sorry, I didn't see the listing on the first page.

Those are the names but I remember seeing a tweet of 2 Okla pitchers that I can no longer find. I think the other was Cade Brown but he's not showing it and I'm not finding it anywhere now. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2021 at 3:52 PM, MurphDogg said:

The Mets really screwed up by not taking a high school player at the end that they could throw money at in case Rocker didn't sign. They have already signed the rest of their draft class and now have $878,600 in savings that was going to go to Rocker (if Rocker doesn't sign, his slot value is lost).

If they don't sign Rocker (or if they sign him for slot or less), I wonder if they can/will offer an undrafted high school player $1M.

Similarly, whether the Orioles could do the same for $320K (their leftover pool amount + 120K).

Perhaps a player who somehow loses academic eligibility but was draft eligible and was undrafted.

Don’t they lose the slot value if they can’t sign the player?

13 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Don’t they lose the slot value if they can’t sign the player?

I said that in the post. They lose the slot value, but they still had extra slot value that they saved on other players that was intended to go to Rocker if he had signed for $6 million (in addition to Rocker's assigned slot value). So they had $878,600 in slot value that went to waste (along with Rocker's slot value which could only be used if Rocker was signed).

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering why I knew practically nothing about the guys I was watching with the Baysox last week and now I know - most from last year's draft, which I guess I was too preoccupied to pay attention to!

I mean, Norby was our #2 pick? Wow. Totally missed that. 

So odd. 

• Tony-OH unpinned this topic