(Edit: Orioles get 1st pick after walkoff homer by Diamondbacks)

Greenpastures23

Arizona has gone 4-15 in their last 19 games and they have been outscored by a grand total of 30 runs during that run.  And 6 of those runs came last Sunday when Seattle scored 7 runs to their 1 in extra innings.  

I very much doubt that we can keep pace with a team that is this good at losing.  It is one thing to lose that much and get blown out of most every game, as it just means you have badly inferior talent.  But when you are losing that much and most of your games are close, that takes real skill.  To be worse than everyone you play (including Texas) by just enough to ensure that you lose most every game is impressive.  

With their schedule and relentless ability to lose constantly, we should just forget about the top pick and focus on winning games and improving the team's confidence.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Getz said:

I won't be mad with the second pick, but I think Elias will be because we would have more bonus pool money.

You know that instead of not spending all the team's pool money you can actually spend more than the allotted pool.

The fact that Elias hasn't taken that action in the drafts he has overseen with the O's makes me question how obsessed he is with pool money.

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

You know that instead of not spending all the team's pool money you can actually spend more than the allotted pool.

The fact that Elias hasn't taken that action in the drafts he has overseen with the O's makes me question how obsessed he is with pool money.

Is it 5% a team can go over w/o penalty?

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This Chris Ellis cat can go back to where he came from. Matt Harvey and Jorge Lopez need to play through their injuries and get back ASAP. 

This is ridiculous.  You can play through routine soreness.  You don’t play through injury.

Now that's a stunning turn of events! We started the day 1 1/2 games behind the Diamondbacks and they had lost six in a row and heavy underdogs on the road in Seattle. And we had a three run lead going into the final inning of the first game of a double header and a one run lead with a no hitter going into the final inning of the second game of a doubleheader. This had all the makings of us being three games out at the end of the day. Yet we once again own the first draft pick!