Only Goal - Get 43 wins

Chelsea_Phil

I cannot deal with us losing 120 games or more, so 43 wins is my goal for this season.  Will we get there?  I felt two weeks ago no problem,  but now ......

I’ll say a few our fathers and hail Marys each day with my good catholic upbringing, and maybe that will work with the big commissioner in the sky.

Is the worst season ever the Mets one year in the early 60s, when they only win 40 games?  We can’t break that record; I sure hope not.

I think the 1962 Mets were 40-120 they must have had a couple of rainouts.

The way the Orioles have collapsed, I doubt even the 1962 Mets were getting blown out game after game without any of the games even being close.  The way the team played against Tampa Bay this season is an embarrassment. I'm so disappointed.  I sometimes feel that it would be better if the team left Baltimore.

3 minutes ago, Maverick Hiker said:

I think the 1962 Mets were 40-120 they must have had a couple of rainouts.

The way the Orioles have collapsed, I doubt even the 1962 Mets were getting blown out game after game without any of the games even being close.  The way the team played against Tampa Bay this season is an embarrassment. I'm so disappointed.  I sometimes feel that it would be better if the team left Baltimore.

The last two months of the 1962 season, the Mets lost by an average score of 5.69 to 3.74 over their last 58 games. The Orioles in August are getting outscored 8.22 to 2.83. 

Basically the winning team is never in a save situation against the O's. 

41 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The last two months of the 1962 season, the Mets lost by an average score of 5.69 to 3.74 over their last 58 games. The Orioles in August are getting outscored 8.22 to 2.83. 

Basically the winning team is never in a save situation against the O's. 

I thought so.  The '62 Mets were losing by 2 runs per game while the 2021 Orioles recently are losing by 5.5 runs per game.

I've followed baseball a long time since 1967 and I can't recall such a stretch of games not even close just getting pummeled each game. 

35 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's where I'm at.

Collapsed?  The '64 Phillies collapsed.  This isn't a collapse.  

It's a collapse because the Orioles were not historically bad until August.  Now they are losing each and every game by wide margins and if they had played this way all year MLB would have to take action. 

2 hours ago, Maverick Hiker said:

It's a collapse because the Orioles were not historically bad until August.  Now they are losing each and every game by wide margins and if they had played this way all year MLB would have to take action. 

What “action” would they take ? Maybe have Trevor Bauer pitch for us for a month or two because the Dodgers don’t need him?

12 hours ago, waroriole said:

Cedric Mullins is the only good thing to come out of this year. I don’t care if they win another game. This is by far the worst team I’ve ever seen. 

I suppose Mancini is another good thing, and Mountcastle as of late.  With Means regression to the mean, even with his great first half, his second half has been a huge disappointment.  Clearly, he was a sticky substance abuser.