Who is the Orioles 2021 #8 prospect?

Tony-OH

Who is the Orioles 2021 #8 prospect?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Orioles 2021 #8 prospect?

• Samuel Basallo - C
    • Kyle Bradish - RHP
    • Heston Kjerstad - OF
    • Connor Norby - 2B
    • Jordan Westburg - SS/3B

This poll is closed to new votes

21 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m not worried about the organizational fodder.  I’m talking about the ML Players that are blocking some of these guys…players like Mancini and Santander, for example.

Mancini will be gone either this off season or next. Santander can’t even get his OBP over .300 and is prone to injury so the further he gets into arbitration the more likely it is he is DFA. I don’t think Santander is on this team come 2023. Add to the mix that Hays has injury problems and Mullins needs to show he is actually good and it wasn’t an outlier year…there is plenty of opportunity to go around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

For me, the top 9 were pretty legit to rank. From 10 on there's a lot of things to consider and really I could start group these guys into groups of things I like and things that concern me. 

Having 8 to 9 legitimate prospects who could be average to impact major leaguers with a whole host of guys still with some upside to become that is pretty darn good.

Agreed on the top 9 - not going to say who 8 and 9 are, but I think it's clear.  

7 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Agreed on the top 9 - not going to say who 8 and 9 are, but I think it's clear.  

I don't think there is going to be much debate on 8 and 9 other than the order between the two. I think #10 will get a wide variety of votes.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't think there is going to be much debate on 8 and 9 other than the order between the two. I think #10 will get a wide variety of votes.

Right, everyone should get 9 right when the time comes.  10 is where you can start playing all kinds of games on us.  Looking forward to it.    

What I am interested in is whether we have enough surplus, and that surplus is valuable enough to start making trades for the present instead of for the future. Santander Has flaws, but he has virtues as well, maybe packaging him with one of our extra but good prospects might bring something worthwhile back?

Mainly, I just want to start making acquisitions for the present, so we can when 85 games next year instead of 65.

31 minutes ago, Philip said:

What I am interested in is whether we have enough surplus, and that surplus is valuable enough to start making trades for the present instead of for the future. Santander Has flaws, but he has virtues as well, maybe packaging him with one of our extra but good prospects might bring something worthwhile back?

Mainly, I just want to start making acquisitions for the present, so we can when 85 games next year instead of 65.

I guess it depends what you mean by worthwhile. A reliever that's good but expensive? Probably not in our range, but Santander might get that back.

An impact starter. Add Santander to one of our 3-9 prospects and you might get it done. 

3 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I guess it depends what you mean by worthwhile. A reliever that's good but expensive? Probably not in our range, but Santander might get that back.

An impact starter. Add Santander to one of our 3-9 prospects and you might get it done. 

Depending on the starter and the controllability, I would certainly entertain dealing Henderson and Santander (as an example) for an "impact starter". That said, the starter would need to be young and controllable. You do that and start dreaming on rotation that could be 4 deep before supplementing it (including Means, Rodriguez and Hall--with others providing depth like Baumann, Bradish, etc.) by 2023. Add a solid mid-rotation free agent to the list this year or next and you have a formidable rotation with some depth. 

3 hours ago, NCRaven said:

Went with the infielder again in this spot.

Next years group will be just as interesting after we add a 1:1 and this year’s draft class gets their first full season.

Not to mention hopefully Kjerstad will have a chance to show what he’s got in real games and could move up this list real fast.