Trade Bait 2022

ScGO's

32 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Go ahead. Trade for Cease.  I want to see you pull that on off.

Just give me and Sportsguy 30 days running the warehouse... Lol, I agree Cease is extremely unlikely. Just an example that every player has a price (perhaps aside from Adley and Grayson) and a scenario where trading Hays could benefit us. Of course, the trick would be finding a willing partner with an abundance of pitching.

22 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Just give me and Sportsguy 30 days running the warehouse... Lol, I agree Cease is extremely unlikely. Just an example that every player has a price (perhaps aside from Adley and Grayson) and a scenario where trading Hays could benefit us. Of course, the trick would be finding a willing partner with an abundance of pitching.

Lol, Sports Guy running the warehouse?

BarrenFarflungDrongo-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Vavra is another good name to add to the list.  Either way, the Os have replacements.  Whether or not they come up and give us The production remains to be seen but we have the bodies and the upside to do it and quite frankly, it’s time to get these guys up here and let’s see what we have.

I'm pretty disappointed in our returns for Givens and Castro.  I'm managing my expectations for the returns we might get for Mancini, etc..

11 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

I'm pretty disappointed in our returns for Givens and Castro.  I'm managing my expectations for the returns we might get for Mancini, etc..

I don't know, jury is still out.  I like Vavra and Nevin's OBP skills. I feel like Nevin has tough ABs and could still be a guy, but he needs to prove it soon. Deson was solid last year but is struggling as a 19 year old at Delmarva. But he's a 19 year old at Delmarva

Kevin Smith has disappointed, but maybe he can be turned into a bullpen arm. Victor Gonzalez is a lottery ticket

1 hour ago, Hazmat said:

Well Mancini is possibly the best bar available. The NL having a DH helps, as does his limited ability to play LF. 

I think a low A ball top pitching prospect is likely. Those guys are usually too unproven to he top 100, but that’s how TB got back Shane Baz a few years ago. That type would be the player profile we should target. That still puts the pitcher 3 years away though. 

As for Tate, we shouldn’t just give him away. A top bullpen is a good recipe to win games. I would want much more than what we got for Castro and Givens. Those were essentially salary dumps. 

On 6/27/2022 at 10:14 AM, ScGO's said:

I don't know, jury is still out.  I like Vavra and Nevin's OBP skills. I feel like Nevin has tough ABs and could still be a guy, but he needs to prove it soon. Deson was solid last year but is struggling as a 19 year old at Delmarva. But he's a 19 year old at Delmarva

Kevin Smith has disappointed, but maybe he can be turned into a bullpen arm. Victor Gonzalez is a lottery ticket

Kevin Smith is 25 and pitching at AAA, and even though we have Voth and Watkins in our rotation, not a single person on here is clamoring to see Smith come up to Baltimore, and it doesn't appear the team is considering it either.   Yet you think we could possibly get something for him in trade?

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Kevin Smith is 25 and pitching at AAA, and even though we have Voth and Watkins in our rotation, not a single person on here is clamoring to see Smith come up to Baltimore, and it doesn't appear the team is considering it either.   Yet you think we could possibly get something for him in trade?

Smith has been disappointing.  The jury is still out on Vavra and to a lesser extent, Nevin. 

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

He's actually the one pitching the best down there on quick glance. I was really shocked today when I looked into the Norfolk pitching staff. They're horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. Lol. I know I've been repeating myself on this today, but damn y'all. 

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

He's actually the one pitching the best down there on quick glance. I was really shocked today when I looked into the Norfolk pitching staff. They're horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. Lol. I know I've been repeating myself on this today, but damn y'all. 

Some of this might be the MLB Orioles sucking the marrow out of the bones of the half decent Arms the days/weeks they want them to pitch hot like many competitive teams do.    We're not far enough along the Stearns-Neander path to have good AAA staffs concurrently, but hopefully in time we get closer.

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2022 at 3:13 PM, SteveA said:

? I wasn't advocating for  Smith trade. I was saying, he could possibly work himself into a LH Relief role.

3 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

? I wasn't advocating for  Smith trade. I was saying, he could possibly work himself into a LH Relief role.

Oh, sorry about that!

Somehow when you said "turned into a bullpen arm" I thought you were saying you thought we could trade him for something such as a reliever.   A TOTAL MISREAD on my part, I am very sorry!

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Oh, sorry about that!

Somehow when you said "turned into a bullpen arm" I thought you were saying you thought we could trade him for something such as a reliever.   A TOTAL MISREAD on my part, I am very sorry!

We might be able to trade him for A ball pitcher with a 6.00 ERA. But to be for real, RH hitters are OPSing .951 off him this year, while lefties are only at a .598 OPS