Trade Bait 2022

ScGO's

59 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I think it comes down to how realistic you are about where the Orioles stand. Most here are probably viewing the glass as half full. I’m personally concerned about the long term pitching. I don’t believe for a second we have enough SP depth long term. As it stands they can’t afford to miss on Gray-Rod or Hall. And need to start drafting done pitchers. 

As much as folks want to hang on to Santander and Mancini they probably aren’t part of the next weekend winner 

I can’t say I blame anyone for wanting to win now. However, I don’t expect Elias to short change the process. When he took over the tear down had been done leaving little to trade off. I think we can all agree we lost the Machado deal and didn’t have much else that was valuable that turned into anything.

Just my 2 cents

Trading Macnini and Santander is different than trading Hays. You spend money on pitching this offseason and the team becomes entirely different

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Mullins has been worth 1.7 rWAR this year, which projects out to 4.2 rWAR for the season.   I don’t see how trading him now would be selling low.   Granted, I think he can do better than .692 OPS/99 OPS+.   But that is still above average for a CF.

I think Elias has some very interesting decisions to make in the next 15 months.  

I guess I meant selling low in context to last year. A sub .700 OPS is not the type of player that a team gives up on of their better prospects for, even if it’s above average for the position. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Dodgers just lost Daniel Hudson, top setup guy behind Kimbrel who has been far from lights out. Next best guy is Evan Phillips! I could see them having some interest in Jorge. 

Much rather deal Tate if we can get away with it.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Can’t see Odor getting traded for anything other than cash considerations unless he really turns it on in the next few weeks. 

Even cash considerations would be a stretch for someone hitting under .200 with no positional flexibility.

The most likely players to be traded in my opinion are Mancini, Santander, and Tate.  It would be a bad idea to sell low on Mullins. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Even cash considerations would be a stretch for someone hitting under .200 with no positional flexibility.

The most likely players to be traded in my opinion are Mancini, Santander, and Tate.  It would be a bad idea to sell low on Mullins. 

I agree. I was giving best case scenario haha. 

9 hours ago, ScGO's said:

Santander, Mancini, Lopez, and Tate are probably most likely if they stay steady or get hot.  I wonder if any of them get packaged together.

I don't think the O's will trade Santander, Lopez or Tate  at the deadline this season. Maybe in the future but not now.   The O's are just starting to put a winning team together.   I don't see why they would want to subtract players to be losers again.

Mancini is likely to be traded for prospects.  Hopefully pitching prospects.   That  would open a spot for Stowers who is ready for a try at the majors.

44 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I don't think the O's will trade Santander, Lopez or Tate  at the deadline this season. Maybe in the future but not now.   The O's are just starting to put a winning team together.   I don't see why they would want to subtract players to be losers again.

Mancini is likely to be traded for prospects.  Hopefully pitching prospects.   That  would open a spot for Stowers who is ready for a try at the majors.

This holds water w/r/t Lopez but not Santander or Tate.  The Os have in house options to replace those guys and likely wouldn’t lose much.

• Upvote 1