Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Still a pretty good throw.  

I liked the one in Aberdeen, but everyone got up in arms over it being short; I thought it was the 2B's issue for not digging it out like Ortiz did. Maybe I'm not picky enough ;)

2 minutes ago, nevadaO said:

Smacked the ball into RF floating towards center, that the RF dove for but couldn't get, a double for Adley.

Between Adley and Gunnar, I could be posting video clips all night!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, justD said:

I liked the one in Aberdeen, but everyone got up in arms over it being short; I thought it was the 2B's issue for not digging it out like Ortiz did. Maybe I'm not picky enough ;)

That throw was an abnormal throw for any ML quality catcher. It wasn't a matter of whether the 2B should have handled it.  It bounced a good 10 feet in front of the bag.  Another poster estimated it at 15 feet. Hopefully, it was just rust.  We may never see Rutschman throw one that short again, if healthy. 

• Upvote 1

MASN recapped the Bowie game on the postgame show last night and the announcers mentioned that Adley let a couple of pitches get past him while he was catching that he normally would have smothered.   I see we had two wild pitches in the game, nothing scored as a passed ball.  So I don’t know if the two WP are what they were referencing.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

MASN recapped the Bowie game on the postgame show last night and the announcers mentioned that Adley let a couple of pitches get past him while he was catching that he normally would have smothered.   I see we had two wild pitches in the game, nothing scored as a passed ball.  So I don’t know if the two WP are what they were referencing.  

Here's the one from the 5th inning, Ryan Watson pitching; the second in the 9th off Burch looks like he came up early in his stance to throw the runner out and it got under his glove.

Edited by justD
Added the second vid clip
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

They won’t even let him catch a whole game.  He’s rusty.  Missing some balls that he normally gets to isn’t that surprising, nor does it really matter or cause for any concern.

Nobody said they were concerned.  But it could suggest that he’s rusty and could use a few minor league games under his belt to sharpen his catching skills into his usual form.  He did catch the whole game yesterday.   Will be interesting to see his workload this week.