Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

McKenna had a 375 OBP in the majors this season when he was options.  The reason he was sent down is that Hyde wants 14 pitchers on the 26 man roster.

Adley may not be as close to a call up as we hoped.

He was ready 2 weeks ago.  You seriously are in love with small sample sizes.  

McKenna is a perfectly fine backup centerfielder / pinch runner / late inning defensive upgrade. The Orioles don't need that type of player right now with both Mullins and Hays on the roster, but if either were injured or traded, McKenna would have a role. 

I don't think the Orioles are dumb enough to worry about Adley's AAA numbers after 3 games. Hope to see him against the Yankees on Monday.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, interloper said:

The definition of a quad A player, unfortunately.

It’s pretty bizarre for there to be that much of a gap.  Given his inability to catch up to a good fastball, I’m surprised he’s had as much success in AAA as he’s had. 

50 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I don't think the Orioles are dumb enough to worry about Adley's AAA numbers after 3 games. Hope to see him against the Yankees on Monday.

Amen.    

I didn't realize last week when hoping for Nashville to St. Louis that Minor League Baseball was having "the Oscars" this afternoon with Gorman-Liberatore visiting Rodriguez-Rutschman.    You market enough, you can even get Grayson Rodriguez to pitch a day game on 4 days rest.

A "during/after" the big event announcement could be another 24-32 hours to get tickets sold.

Can you believe that this week the MASN pre-game shows are airing across the week a 3-part interview with Mike Elias by Kevin Brown.   Part 1 yesterday, part 2 tomorrow.

The weather looks somewhat iffy in Norfolk this weekend,as the front from  last week comes  back in off the coast. Not a total washout but rain chances throughout the weekend. I wonder if the Orioles move him somewhere else like last weekend? Hudson Valley perhaps, where the weather looks a little better. Detroit? I don't think so but if Mountcastle goes on the IL,he can play first.

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s pretty bizarre for there to be that much of a gap.  Given his inability to catch up to a good fastball, I’m surprised he’s had as much success in AAA as he’s had. 

I agree, it's pretty weird. Maybe it's more to do with consistent playing time, but I'm not sure I fully buy that either.