DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

10 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

He likes to move his K-BB% in chunks.    I would guess by now we are close enough to Futures Game it has its own center of gravity and he'll be paraded there.

Would love to be wrong and for him to take the Tuesday-Sunday turns before the All-Star break.

His Pedro-sized Red Sox rival Brayan Bello makes his MLB debut tonight.

No way do I waste one of his innings in the futures game.

3 minutes ago, Gentile4 said:

How is that a waste? Wouldn't it be good for him to face the best if only for an inning? Experience is experience is experience.

If you want him to face superior opposition promote him.

Don't make him travel and break up his routine to pitch an exhibition inning.

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd rather not waste 18 more of his available innings in Norfolk.

I'm also hoping the plan is not for him to be a "normal starter".😉

You really can’t make a louder statement than Hall made today.   Yesterday I would not have been in favor of promoting Hall after one more start.   Now I’m feeling like we should strike while the iron is hot and, as you say, not waste any of his remaining 44 innings or so.    I’ll be good either way for his next turn but I’m hungry to see him face major league hitters.  

• Upvote 1

May or may not matter (I look forward to Tony’s take), but I loved how he was able to get swing-and-miss Ks using his changeup, not just the fastball. He seemed stoked about that too.

Also, for the sake of it:

—It was a day game.
—It was 90 but “felt like 110.”

—He had to pitch with runners on base in the first and second and only gave up 1 run.

So, none of my excuses for him, that one Sunday, were validated as being a factor.

I can’t link to it but Zachary Silver, a mlb.com reporter, mentioned in a tweet that Hall was concerned he was tipping his pitches.  Since he raised that concern 2 starts ago, Hall has K’d 22 of the 38 batters he’s faced.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hazmat said:

I can’t link to it but Zachary Silver, a mlb.com reporter, mentioned in a tweet that Hall was concerned he was tipping his pitches.  Since he raised that concern 2 starts ago, Hall has K’d 22 of the 38 batters he’s faced.

Oh, I know.  The tweet might even be in a post a few pages back.  His last outing seemed to back that up but I had all these guesses and theories as to why, the one game I finally saw him in person, he was so godawful.  I hoped the tipping of pitches was indeed the issue but today’s game completely erased every other theory I had  and I had to own up to it! 😄

26 minutes ago, justD said:

Oh, I know.  The tweet might even be in a post a few pages back.  His last outing seemed to back that up but I had all these guesses and theories as to why, the one game I finally saw him in person, he was so godawful.  I hoped the tipping of pitches was indeed the issue but today’s game completely erased every other theory I had  and I had to own up to it! 😄

The obvious answer is that you jinxed him by going!   Hopefully you can test that theory when Hall pitches at OPACY soon.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Wow, now that's the kind of outing that makes you think he's ready. Got through six innings on 98 pitches while striking out 14.

I'm going to go home and watch this game for fun! 

Was coming here to post this.  Back to back hood starts capped off by this one.  I’m not saying they have to bring him up right now but this is the type of start that makes you do it.