2022 Orioles Prospects Power Rankings (Top 40)

Tony-OH

33 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Hernaiz is the one guy on this list who I think could be considerably higher.   I'd have him over Dante Williams or Joey Ortiz for example, prospects with utility upside.   He's still only 20 years old and putting up gaudy numbers at Delmarva. 

I don't think Ortiz would be ranked where he is if his upside was utility.   That's probably a reasonable outcome for him but I think there is hope that if the bat is more like what he showed in limited games last year, that there is still starter SS upside.

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Bad luck for our secondary group of arms this year. I see that Peek, Brnovich, and Rom, all are on the IL. Anything serious?

Pinto and Velez are struggling. 

Baumler still hasn’t debuted. 

The pitching is looking really thin right now. Not much behind GR and Hall. 

Brnovich is having TJ surgery, or did.  

On 5/11/2022 at 2:20 PM, SteveA said:

Any chance Garrett Stallings might be working his way towards that bubble list?

Not a fan of his stuff honestly. I'm always amazed when he has success because I just don't get him.

On 5/11/2022 at 6:00 PM, btdart20 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hernaiz creep up into the top 15-20 by year end.  Pretty good start for the young man!

If he does it will be because of attrition mor than he suddenly blossomed into a real top prospect. I have defensive concerns with him and would like to see him hit something other ambushing fastballs in fastball counts.

On 5/12/2022 at 10:08 AM, interloper said:

If we're not supposed to start a thread for every fringe-y type player, I guess this is the thread to talk about these guys? Let me know if there's a better option.

But Adam Hall is having a decent little season. Little weak in the power department to say the least, but he's hitting .300 with a .389 OBP in Bowie. Currently on the 7-day IL for who knows what reason, but. Just thought it was worth giving him a shout since I had pegged him as a complete bust. 

I don't think he's any kind of answer, but if Martin or Bannon get an extended look with the O's, I'd like to see him up at Norfolk instead of guys like Cullen or Graffanino.

After a good start, Hall has OPS'd .633 with a 28.8% K rate and no power in his last 30 days although that covers just 59 PAs because of going on the IL. 

I will say I like him a bit defensively in the outfield though and he does bring 4th outfielder skills of speed and defense, but I'm not sure the bat plays enough still.

On 5/12/2022 at 10:09 AM, ChuckS said:

Hernaiz is the one guy on this list who I think could be considerably higher.   I'd have him over Dante Williams or Joey Ortiz for example, prospects with utility upside.   He's still only 20 years old and putting up gaudy numbers at Delmarva. 

He very well may move over them shortly if they don't pick it up.

DL Hall's 3rd spot under any pressure from Gunnar?    Nice problem to have!

Here's hoping Bradish this week follows up strong.   Obviously we have them all long term but curious if he can hold his own with the Yankees and Rays this week if Cowser-Mayo type leapfrogs could happen.

I agree with this list a lot.  The only thing I question is if maybe Stowers and Cowser should be another couple of pegs down behind Westburg and Bradish.   Either Cowers or Stowers could get hot again but for a pure power rankings, Westburg showed signs of breaking out of his slump, Bradish has looked A+.     Westburg even with his slump still has some decent numbers in other areas.     Stowers hit his 4th homer yesterday and that's his biggest strength.  Coswer is hitting .250 with little power.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

FWIW, Felix Bautista is only 7 days away from losing prospect status, as he will have 45 days of service by then.  

Yep, and i will take him off once he does. He's done quite well for sure!