Grayson Rodriguez 2022

justD

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

Nope, nothing is for certain. But I’m trying to imagine good scenarios here and my mind just keeps going to dark places. 

Maybe they were debating to have Tommy John preemptively or to wait for the inevitable. 

give it some time, they are super cautious so could be nothing.

2 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Trying to stay positive. It does occur to me that if it’s a worst case scenario, we could have seriously lucked out by having it occur before he was promoted. Hopefully it’s a simple stomach bug or something though. 

If it's the worst case scenario he never pitches again.

That's what worst means.

He looked like he had his stuff through 4.  5th inning looked different  fastball didn’t pop and off speed wasn’t sharp.  Top 6 first slider wasn’t sharp and then the89  BP fastball.  I think best case scenario is that he all of the sudden felt sick to his stomach, but sure doesn’t seem like that is the case.  

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

If it's the worst case scenario he never pitches again.

That's what worst means.

Oh come now. You know what I’m talking about. I just won’t say it cause I’m not messing with the baseball gods. My point is simply that if this is serious and it happened in Baltimore, we’d lose over a year of control while he doesn’t throw a single pitch for us. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• And Culpepper. 32. Orioles — Kaelen Culpepper, SS, Kansas State “I’ve continued to hear the Orioles like Culpepper, so he remains the pick in this latest mock.”
    • Lol it'd be pretty funny if Getz is so excited/distracted about the potential Crochet trade he just dumps Fedde to us.
    • If anyone is looking for the smallest of Crochet silver linings, Elias has said things in the past like (paraphrasing), "there's no hard science on innings and we just do our best", and, "it's time to win so we won't be babying Grayson with innings", etc.  So while he usually does try to play it safe with innings when it makes sense to, I think he knows it's all kind of a mystery, and in certain scenarios you just roll the dice.  Still don't think it's very likely based on the type of guys he normally acquires. A guy like Scherzer really seems like his preferred type of dude, assuming he's healthy and the Rangers sell. 
    • McDermott’s stuff is pretty nasty.  I’m really curious to see how/if it translates to MLB. My observations from last night and in general are: 1. He takes a long time to get going.  Walked the lead off batter on 5 pitches in the first.  Walked the lead off batter on 5 pitches in the 3rd.  Would have walked the lead off batter in the 2nd, but the batter swung at 3 pitches out of the zone.  Walked the second batter of inning 2.  Through 3innings he was at 58% strikes. 2. The swing and miss he gets are almost all on pitches out of the zone.   3. When he gives up hard contact it tends to be in the beginning of games.  3rd out in 1st was smoked right at the RF. 4. As he settles in batters take awful swings against him.  You really see some awkward swings at pitches way out of the zone.  It looks like the batters have no idea what’s coming and where it’s going.  He keeps the batters off balanced and induces a lot of swing and miss on really  bad swings.    5. he changes levels well.  His fastball is a weapon up on the zone when batters are looking for the low curve/slider/change.    The stuff is undeniable.  You can tell no one is comfortable hitting against him.  I guess my question on him is if MLB caliber hitters will be able to lay off the pitches out of the zone.  I feel like if a team game planned him like the Yankees did for Povich’s second start and just not offer at pitches that were even close, he’d be in a world of trouble.  Even with the 71% strikes last night Is still like to better command.  I’d like to see him challenge hitters inside the zone and not depend on chasing so much.  
    • Now that I can see Elias doing . Just updating his list of targets 
    • I couldn't care less what we get in August-Sept as long as he is in good shape to give us 5 innings in Game 2 and beyond in the playoffs. 
    • Haven’t even read the comments before saying yes. Compared to the embarrassing mess that is the current entire broadcast system, I cannot imagine anything other than regretful tears that Thorne and Miller are gone.  Has anyone equaled the “He’s not gonna throw it at all!” Call? And not just that one. “CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? REIMOLD….and CLEVENGER.” Not fancy wordplay, but an infectious excitement, and a perfect Bass baritone voice with just a hint of gravel in it.  Again, it’s not just the word choice, but the way they are delivered, and the voice that delivers them.  
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now