Jordan Westburg 2022

Just Regular

It really feels like something has clicked with Westburg.  When he was drafted, there was talk that he was a first round talent but that he seemed to be bored in college and perhaps didn’t produce to the level he should have.

When I watched him in ST, he just looked like a baseball player.  Fluid movements.  Played defense well.  Good idea of what to do at the plate. Just a guy who looked like he belonged there.  Moment not too big.  Stuff like that.  

I know it was a tiny sample size but those first impressions mean something to me.  That initial thought isn’t always the right one but I think there are certain things you can tell immediately.  Whether or not he can carry everything over and be a success in the majors is tbd but I have a lot of confidence that he is going to be a first division starting player in the majors.  Whether it’s at second, SS or third is obviously up in the air but it’s going to happen somewhere Imo and it should happen sooner than later.

He seems to be the type of guy that you want to trade for even if he’s not a top 100 guy.  The type of player that maybe doesn’t have the super high ceiling but the player who comes up, is very good and far more likely to be a productive big leaguer than most of the top 100 list will be.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

He seems to be the type of guy that you want to trade for even if he’s not a top 100 guy.  The type of player that maybe doesn’t have the super high ceiling but the player who comes up, is very good and far more likely to be a productive big leaguer than most of the top 100 list will be.

I posted this a while back, but I also heard Westburg's an A+ locker room guy. One of his coaches last year mentioned that on a podcast that otherwise had nothing to do with him.

I don't know how to account for that in a player's profile, but it's obviously positive and makes me elevate him in my own mind.

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

It’s about time for next man up.    Guti dfa, Nevin cup of coffee in Bmore, and Westburg to the Tides.  

Why do people keep wanting to see Nevin in Baltimore? He does nothing well. Can’t hit, power or average, can’t field. He’s realistically a 1B. Call up Westburg and let Bannon and Dorrian fight for playing time. 

16 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

4th HR today.  Gutierrez should be worried if Elias wasn't in charge. 

Honestly all the infielders should be worried. Their OPS's are currently .523, .653, .425, .633 and .300. Mateo has the highest but he is leading the team with 2 errors. They have all done some positive things but Westburg could be a threat to any of them. 

I would think if one is to go it would be Owings first, with one of the others pushed to his role.