The LF wall tracker

OsEatAlEast

13 hours ago, Sydnor said:

I don’t know if this is the correct place to share this, so if not feel free to move it or I can delete it. I saw Tork’s HR a couple days ago and then saw this tweet:

I have felt that Team Elias overcompensated with the new LF, but I suppose time will tell. I do find it interesting that a ball hit around 105 mph  with a 31 degree launch angle wouldn’t get out. That doesn’t seem “fair.”

My lord... really!?!?!?!?!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Sydnor said:

I don’t know if this is the correct place to share this, so if not feel free to move it or I can delete it. I saw Tork’s HR a couple days ago and then saw this tweet:

I have felt that Team Elias overcompensated with the new LF, but I suppose time will tell. I do find it interesting that a ball hit around 105 mph  with a 31 degree launch angle wouldn’t get out. That doesn’t seem “fair.”

I don’t like those it would have been out of this park or that park because balls travel at different distances at every park with wind, temperatures and stadium dynamics.   Maybe it wouldn’t have been out in April but it is gone in July.   

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I don’t like those it would have been out of this park or that park because balls travel at different distances at every park with wind, temperatures and stadium dynamics.   Maybe it wouldn’t have been out in April but it is gone in July.   

Thats what im thinking. Same ball hit in Camden Yards may have more carry to it. 

40 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

Tork's HR travelled 396ft according to the video.  That wouldn't have made it out?

Yeah there's got to be wind interference etc.... you can't spreadsheet everything. But just watching that contact and imagining that somehow that WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A HOME RUN is unbelievable to me. 

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yeah there's got to be wind interference etc.... you can't spreadsheet everything. But just watching that contact and imagining that somehow that WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A HOME RUN is unbelievable to me. 

Also, just the weirdness of seeing Camden Yards be that one ballpark, after 30 years of being the most homer-liberal place. Like... us?? Sorta breaks my brain. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hazmat said:

Tork's HR travelled 396ft according to the video.  That wouldn't have made it out?

I can’t absolutely vouch for whatever model Dykstra is using, but I think the 13 foot height of the wall could be the issue. I understand that keeping the wall at 7’ would’ve required significantly more work and money than what they did by simply removing seats and building a higher wall that works with those existing seats, but I think pushing it back as significantly as they did and increasing the height by 6’ will make LF at Camden Yards one of the most difficult places to hit a HR in the majors (rather than making it neutral as Team Elias has said), and as @interlopersaid, it kind of breaks my brain. I think Dykstra’s model/tweet is representative of that idea.

9 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

I can’t absolutely vouch for whatever model Dykstra is using, but I think the 13 foot height of the wall could be the issue. I understand that keeping the wall at 7’ would’ve required significantly more work and money than what they did by simply removing seats and building a higher wall that works with those existing seats, but I think pushing it back as significantly as they did and increasing the height by 6’ will make LF at Camden Yards one of the most difficult places to hit a HR in the majors (rather than making it neutral as Team Elias has said), and as @interlopersaid, it kind of breaks my brain. I think Dykstra’s model/tweet is representative of that idea.

I agree it's the wall height more than it is the distance. We saw that with Mancini's non-HR which didn't even hit the highest part of the wall. 

I think when all is said and done, Camden Yards will be middle to mid-lower of the pack for home runs. And that will be due to CF/RF still being easy to pop a dong, and also Baltimore summers. 

31 minutes ago, interloper said:

I agree it's the wall height more than it is the distance. We saw that with Mancini's non-HR which didn't even hit the highest part of the wall. 

I think when all is said and done, Camden Yards will be middle to mid-lower of the pack for home runs. And that will be due to CF/RF still being easy to pop a dong, and also Baltimore summers. 

Also Baltimore pitching

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1