Let's be sure to welcome Dylan Bundy home this week

Aglets

9 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Well I did say it's a gamble and I wasn't really big on Keuchel with him being 34 years old. 

I wasn't calling you out by any means.  I didn't recall any specific posters.

But boy he's been really bad.

Forty-three of seventy-six batters faced have reached base.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wasn't calling you out by any means.  I didn't recall any specific posters.

But boy he's been really bad.

Forty-three of seventy-six batters faced have reached base.

That's why you have to be careful with any bounce back candidates because sometimes they are just done as a ballplayer or playing hurt. 

With Keuchel I don't if it's just age, but he used to throw his fastball over 50% of the time and now it's well under 50% since the 2020 season. 

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/dallas-keuchel/9434/stats?position=P

I wasn't consistently looking at the radar gun readings during the game but it appeared his fastball was sitting high 80's.  Really hard to get away with that kind of velocity unless you have pinpoint control and he didn't last night.  

What Bundy could have been?? IIRC, he signed a ML contract after he was drafted. I believe that MLB changed the rules the following years. Also, I believe he threw an outrageous number of innings in HS. His father was a strong proponent of long toss on off days. I liked him..thought he had great mound presence, but I think he would have benefited from some MiL experience before going to the show..

13 minutes ago, AlbNYfan said:

What Bundy could have been?? IIRC, he signed a ML contract after he was drafted. I believe that MLB changed the rules the following years. Also, I believe he threw an outrageous number of innings in HS. His father was a strong proponent of long toss on off days. I liked him..thought he had great mound presence, but I think he would have benefited from some MiL experience before going to the show..

Honestly I think it was the injuries and subsequent loss of velo that did him in. Pre-injury Bundy seemed like he was on the fast track to the show, and for good reason. Not sure if lack of seasoning was the issue.

9 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Honestly I think it was the injuries and subsequent loss of velo that did him in. Pre-injury Bundy seemed like he was on the fast track to the show, and for good reason. Not sure if lack of seasoning was the issue.

It didn’t help, but that’s got nothing to do with his struggles in recent years.