The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

I can not think of a reason why Teixeira would fly to Texas to speak with the Red Sox. Why wouldn't they just meet in Boston? It would not worry me if Boras was meeting with Red Sox brass as long as Teixeira was not there. I expect to see a report stating that Teixeira has signed with the Red Sox sometime tomorrow morning. It was fun while it lasted, but I have just lost a great deal of interest in the Orioles.

Im pretty sure Tex has a house in Texas

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe, but I thought if we signed him that Roch would be the one to break the story. Why not give it to the guy who covers the team on a daily basis and let the big outlets pick it up from him.

Yeah but Roch works for the station owned by Angelos.

If he "breaks" the story it is good for business.

P.S. I was really hoping post #500 for me is celebratory one but I may get there to fast.

Is this the new media report that Belkast said to expect? :scratchchinhmm:

I think I just heard Sherlock Holmes, the Hardy Boys, Hercule Poirot, Dick Tracy, Miss Marple and Batman all singing a chorus of "Man I can't figure this s@#@ out!"

Don't forget Nancy Drew in all of that. I just thought of something. Maybe PGA and AM should hire Drew Rosenhaus to be a chief negotiator for us. We could possibly get who we want then.:rofl:

We are going to have to go to 10/230 to beat it...
Baseball contracts aren't quantized, dude. We don't have to beat it by 2 years to get him. Get a freakin' grip man. I know overreacting is your thing, and you usually calm down and come back to some semblance of sanity, but this is beyond absurd.

Guest BrettMeister86

MacPhail needs to be more honest with the fans. I don't care about playing close to the vest it isn't right that he carry out these proceedings in secret and spew out disinformation which disheartens the fan base. Honestly, this feels a lot like the midnight Wieters deadline when we were cursing Andy and Peter so lets hope this has the same outcome.

Why? Did you really think the O's would sign Teixeria when perennial winners and high spenders like Anaheim and Boston were pursuing him?! Put the money towards something more meaningful. Lock up Markakis. Save some of the bucks for next year's #3 overall draft pick. Do the things the Devil Rays did. Scout Asia. Et cetera. Tex would have been nice, but let's get what we really need here.

While I'd still love to see Teixeira in an O's uniform, I could not agree more. We are finally building the right way and not having Teixeira is not going to change that.

If they stand pat on their initial offer they will lose the city of Baltimore for good. OPACY will be a ghost town, Markakis won't extend, Roberts will be traded, and the Orioles may be playing in another city within the decade. Nobody in their right mind wants to see this current team compete against the AL East. If they don't increase their offer THEY WILL LOSE THIS TEAM.

How many games did you go to last year? OPACY is a ghost town.

Then lets hope the B-more brass is down there hiding out as well. :)

Ha! I would like to think the Orioles brass evolved enough from the old Carl Pavano days and are putting on an all out blitz on Boras and Marky Boy. Let's hope they are hiding out down there!!!

I think before everyone cries in there beer, everyone should take a step back. There is alot of things that happen in a negotiation. Media reports are always going to be out there. Team personal usually do have face to face meetiings with said player and agent. We have!!!!! Until you hear that Tex has signed somewhere, don't get to down.

Uh oh, Bad omen Roy Orbison just came on PBS singing "It's Over It's Over"

Archived