Bannon recalled, Fry optioned

MurphDogg

40 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I think I'm in the minority here but I'm intrigued by Bannon. I think many have written him off but I think there's a good utility bat in there. 

I'm intrigued by Bannon similarly to the way I'm intrigued by Nevin. I don't think either has much of a future here, but both present better options I wouldn't mind seeing some until they're ready to call up Henderson. The problem to me with Bannon as a utility bat is that his defense is suspect and he's been so streaky I wonder how that works when his ABs are more sporadic. But I'm interested to see him get a look. 

• Upvote 1

Bannon might run into one but I don't think he's going to be ML quality at the plate or in the field (although I really haven't seen much of him in the field).   He's one of those guys who seems like he has one swing.    If it's waist-high (he's a short  guy too) or up a little he can give it a ride.

10 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Roch points out that Yusniel Diaz is now the only one of the 5 players we got for Manny who hasn't reached the majors.

He was considered the centerpiece of the deal.

Dude has spent more time on the IL than on the 40.

Congrats to Bannon. Sucks about Fry, he was pitching good the last 5 appearances.