Hyde said that a starter from AAA would most likely be used Saturday in Boston.

Snutchy

Options from Norfolk on the 40-man roster: Baumann (last pitched 5/21), Hall (was due to pitch tonight but got rained out), Kremer (last pitched 5/24), Lowther  (last pitched 5/18), Reyes (last pitched 5/24).

Option not on the 40-man roster: Grayson Rodriguez (last pitched 5/22).

I think we can rule out Hall and Lowther. Kremer’s not built up yet.  I’ll go Reyes.   Baumann isn’t built up either and I just don’t see them debuting Rodriguez on the road.  

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Options from Norfolk on the 40-man roster: Baumann (last pitched 5/21), Hall (was due to pitch tonight but got rained out), Kremer (last pitched 5/24), Lowther  (last pitched 5/18), Reyes (last pitched 5/24).

I think we can rule out Hall and Lowther. Kremer’s not built up yet.  I’ll go Reyes.   Baumann isn’t built up either and I just don’t see them debuting Rodriguez on the road.  

I like the idea of debuting him on the road. Let him get one under his belt with a bit less fanfare. Not that he can’t handle it. But I do understand the business aspect of it, so you’re most likely right, he’ll debut at home. 

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

Anything other than GR is punting the game. I think he’ll be alright. 

1 hour ago, joelala said:

I like the idea of debuting him on the road. Let him get one under his belt with a bit less fanfare. Not that he can’t handle it. But I do understand the business aspect of it, so you’re most likely right, he’ll debut at home. 

I agree.  I actually like the idea of debuting a "big prospect" pitcher on the road.  Less pressure, though I think Rodriguez would be fine regardless.

32 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Anything other than GR is punting the game. I think he’ll be alright. 

The O’s have their plan for GR and are not going to depart from it based on one game where we’re short a starting pitcher.    I personally feel he’s ready and would love for him to start that game.   But I’m not expecting that to happen.  

Melanie Newman said on the radio the other day that the Os want to see GRod dominating AAA.  Now, I don’t know if she was talking out of her ass or if she was told that but if we go on the assumption that she was told that, how much better does he need to do than he already is?