Dean Kremer 2022

Spy Fox

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Here to eat crow for writing him off prior to this year.  I don't think he's quite as good as he's been but he's made vast improvements from where he was a year ago.  Great to see.

Moose cut yourself some slack.  There have been so many players this season that have come back for the dead.      Glad to see you are enjoying Kremer's season.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Moose cut yourself some slack.  There have been so many players this season that have come back for the dead.      Glad to see you are enjoying Kremer's season.

Well his FIP isn't far off from his ERA which is nice to see.  The WHIP is a bit high, the K/9 rate could be a bit higher, but it's not terrible. 

He missed some bats last night.  I agree with the above post, that homer to Vlad would have sent him reeling last year.  Wiggled out of the bases loaded jam, too.  I don't know if he would have done that last year, either.

13 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

There was a poll this year about who people thought would be the closer. I chose other and wrote in Dean Kremer.

Didn't think he could hold up as a starter. Now he looks like a useful piece at the back of a rotation. Teams need arms like his.

He could be Jordan Lyles lol

Kremer’s loss against Boston was gritty and he was upset but didn’t show up Hyde when he pulled him that game for Vespi. I think he carried off the momentum from that game and brought it into this start. He looked locked in right away. He had nothing versus BOS early but figured it out, so in this game when he had better stuff, he dealt and not just survived. 

Plus Adley calling games doesn’t hurt.  

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I'll put this here even though it also pertains to Tate and Bautista:

Last night, not a single put-out was made by the outfield.  Every single out was either a groundball, strike-out, pop-up  to the infield or caught stealing.  

Not sure how rare that is but it sounds pretty amazing in a ML game.

18 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I'll put this here even though it also pertains to Tate and Bautista:

Last night, not a single put-out was made by the outfield.  Every single out was either a groundball, strike-out, pop-up  to the infield or caught stealing.  

Very cool stat.  It seemed like there were about a dozen ground balls to Mateo/Odor. Both of them played tremendous D last night.