I hate interleague play.

Moose Milligan

The away interleague games can be good for Orioles fans who don’t live in Bmore.  I’m looking forward to when they come back out to play the Padres or Dodgers in SoCal. Mostly because I despise Angels stadium that much.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Didn't get a chance to watch much of the games over this weekend due to life events so I missed the awesome MASN commercials on who our next opponents are while informing me how "the game is still the game" with the baseball right in front of the umpire's crotch and the stupid kid bouncing up and down on the bed.  

I figured they weren't playing today but I was dismayed to see that we've got two random-ass games against the Cubs tomorrow and Wednesday and then two more against the Cubs in July.

I don't know what in the chicken fried f*** MLB is thinking anymore, but interleague play is terrible.  Awful.  It was fun and interesting in the late 90s but the novelty has worn off years ago.  I've got no interest watching my team play the Cubs, and quite frankly I'd rather see us play the Yankees or Sox.  Sure, we'd probably lose but at least we'd get to see how we're stacking up against teams in our division which is the most important thing, IMO.  

I like interleague play.  It is fun to see different teams, and ballparks, that you rarely see. Makes me want to watch the games more, not less. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

No we don’t.   We play them 19 times each.  Next year it shrinks to 14.

Not a fan of less division play.  I assume the extra games are going to be against the NL.  I guess it helps the O's marginally.  The O's have a better chance against the Reds and Pirates than against the Yankees.  Of course the O's get to face the Dodgers and Giants too.  Just not a fan of expanded interleague.  Might as well just call them MLB League 1 and MLB League 2 instead of American League and National League.

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Not a fan of less division play.  I assume the extra games are going to be against the NL.  I guess it helps the O's marginally.  The O's have a better chance against the Reds and Pirates than against the Yankees.  Of course the O's get to face the Dodgers and Giants too.  Just not a fan of expanded interleague.  Might as well just call them MLB League 1 and MLB League 2 instead of American League and National League.

I am very much a fan of seeing less of the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays and especially the Blue Jays.

It was just too many games.

• Upvote 1

With 15 teams per league, it's impossible NOT to have interleague play. When we had uneven leagues 16 in the AL and 14 in the NL it was possible, but since the Astros moved to the AL West, interleague was a necessity unless people wanted teams to not play for three days at a time. 

With the DH gone, I don't understand the hate for interleague games. I get that changing rules midseason and removing a DH when a team may be built around that style wasn't helpful, but now that the rules are the same for both leagues I don't understand the issue. 

I, for one, would much prefer a more balanced schedule and a few less games against the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays and Jays. I like getting a chance to see some of the big name players from the NL (even if they are hitting bombs off of us or tossing shutout innings against us). I also like seeing the Orioles play in different parks. 

I grew up in Iowa, most of my family and friends are Cubs fans.  I've had the two mini Cubs series circled on my calendar since the beginning of the season.  Was going to make the trip to one of them, but buying a house this summer has gotten in the way.

Interleague play is one of the best decisions MLB has made in the last few decades.

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Next year the breakdown will be as follows:

14 vs each opposing AL East team

6 vs each AL Central & AL West team

4 vs Nationals

3 vs every other NL team 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rm5678 said:

Next year the breakdown will be as follows:

14 vs each opposing AL East team

6 vs each AL Central & AL West team

4 vs Nationals

3 vs every other NL team 

I like it better than the current schedule format because watching the O’s play half their games against the AL East gets boring. I’d rather see more games against other AL teams, but at least it’s a little more balanced now. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

I like it.  But it all pales in comparison to having a quality team to watch.  If the Os were a decent team I’d watch nearly every game, even if they were all away games at those garbage parks in Toronto and Tampa.

I like Skydome even if it's dated now, but my friend who has watched a game in Tampa said the dome smells like an aquarium. 

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

C'mon.  Anyone who's saying that more interleague, less in-division games is simply saying they're tired of going up against the Sox, Yankees, Rays and Jays.  I sincerely doubt anyone would be clamoring for less in-division games if we were in the AL Central or AL West.   

Or, perhaps people want to see fresh faces or have opportunities to visit opposing stadiums they have never seen before where the Orioles are actually playing? 

Very weird thing to complain about or to have issues with, IMO.