The Westburg Theory

wildcard

52 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

If you believe Stowers is better than Mullins, then that plan doesn't help us win games. I don't know whether resting Stowers every 6 games vs MLB pitching helps him developmentally any more than every day vs AAA. The bigger risk would be a clubhouse dynamic where they are all competing and pressing at the same time. 

What do you think  Mullins is doing right now.  He is probably pressure if he in not  playing through an injury.

43 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I know it seems like I'm being a jerk about this, but this team is nowhere near a WC spot. Even if they held a spot with their current record they wouldn't be a WC team.

They have the 4th worst record in the AL. The SP has been mediocre and losing ground game to game. The 68-69 win pace they are on will most likely get worse as the season drones on. 

I really respect you and your optimism, but most of the teams ahead of Baltimore will be making additions as the season goes on. The gap will widen. Unfortunately, we have seen this movie in Baltimore before. 162 games separate the contenders from the bad teams.

Thanks for the uplifting post.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

What do you think  Mullins is doing right now.  He is probably pressure if he in not  playing through an injury.

You don’t have to call up Stowers to rest Mullins more. McKenna is having a nice littler year so far, and has big AAA numbers. McKenna isn’t too much older than Stowers. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Thanks for the uplifting post.

Sorry. I've tried spending more time learning and keeping up with the Minor league over the last couple of years. I've been an Orioles fan for about 40 years but I never tried to dig in to what's going on. 

Just my opinion: there's going to have to be a major influx of talent from outside of the organization to see a winner in Baltimore with the current stock of players.

The current ML team consists of a few guys that people say, "you can win with a guy like so and so on your roster". One of those players or maybe two is ok. A team of them in the AL East?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

You don’t have to call up Stowers to rest Mullins more. McKenna is having a nice littler year so far, and has big AAA numbers. McKenna isn’t too much older than Stowers. 

Stowers is projected to develop into a middle of the order bat.  McKenna at his best would be a table setter.  The O's most games leavemtoo many runners on base.  Another middle of the order bat would be helpful.

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm confused, what exactly is the Westburg Theory then?

Our whole infield was in a hot mess state
Then after fourteen billion years promotions started, wait
The fans began to cool, the prospect hounds began to drool
Sig Mejdal developed tools
We built a wall (we used a plyo ball)
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries
That all started with a Westburg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Our whole infield was in a hot mess state
Then after fourteen billion years promotions started, wait
The fans began to cool, the prospect hounds began to drool
Sig Mejdal developed tools
We built a wall (we used a stability ball)
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries
That all started with Jordan Westburg

Should I be reading that in Trochaic pentameter?

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is the answer if Elias wants Mullins to get more rest, but I don’t see a reason to sit Mullins for any extended stretch because he’s not as good offensively this season.

Stowers is not getting called up until an injury or trade of Santander, Mancini etc. 

28 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Should I be reading that in Trochaic pentameter?

Although "Jordan Westburg" is two trochees, there are a lot of other stress patterns in this verse. For example, "The fans began to cool, the prospect hounds began to drool" is in remarkable iambic septameter (seven consecutive unstressed/stressed feet). Bravo!

• Thanks 1